Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGA 4x11 - Be All My Sins Remember'd [SPOILERS]

• 04-01-2008 9:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,644 ✭✭✭✭

Airs in t-minus 6.5 hours...mwaaahhahahaha and sci fi channel runs a marathon for the win. Vacationing in the USA is good.
    After being armed with the means to track Replicator ships throughout the Pegasus Galaxy, the Atlantis team works toward eliminating the Replicators.

Rated TV-PG. Letterbox. New. Closed Captioning with Stereo :p

What did you think of 4x11? 30 votes

Awesome
    0% 0 votes
    Nice
    66% 20 votes
    Okay
    23% 7 votes
    Pretty Bad
    3% 1 vote
    Awful
    6% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Well this was the first episode this season that really kicked ass.They finally brought some threads together in this episode; the wraith, replicators and the travellers in one big space battle, not to mention the Apollo and Daedalus on hand with Asguard beams that cut through the Ancient war ships (see what i did there :))

We also have Tayla revealing her pregnancy which was nicely handled, by Ronan at least. Gave the lad a few lines and shows his caring side while Sheppard went all military and took her off active duty.

And the culmination of a bad ass planet destroying McKay plan at the end using FRAn the Friendly Replicator Android :D The scene where McKay deletes the planet from the map is a nice touch, he even complains about how hard it is.

And at the very end theres still time for one more twist as replicator Weir appears in the middle of the destroyed planet debris.

I have the feeling the Wraith have already double crossed the humans, stunning them when they met, I figure theyve put a tracker in the Wraith helping McKay. And not showing up at the meeting point after attacking the replicators...... I figure they're on their way to Atlantis. We shall see.

For the first time this season i'm wanting to see the next episode ASAP.
    9/10 from me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Best episode of Atlantis in a long time and it was cool seeing the effects budget being with a passion. The space battles were used perfectly with just enough tecno babble to keep the episode flowing smoothly and I have to be honest and admit I didnt see the Repli-Weir twist coming.

My only complaint was Carter was woefully used in this episode just like all her previous Atlantis appearences which is odd as even the old Human Weir as administrator had more screen time than Sam. The bonus of Tayla vanishing hopefully for the next couple of episodes is a sweet bonus tho :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, best of Season 4 by a long shot.... It was clever, non-clichéd (or pretty low on the cliché-ometer at least) and the effects were great. And a very nice twist ending too.

Bravo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

Brilliant episode, although I felt that they are trying to play down Sam's genius when looked at in comparison to McKay. she looked bemused at some of his comments...Weir was a nice touch, possible continuation of the replicator ascention storyline where she is looking to continue the work of her predecessor...I feel that there will be complications following the Raith's stunning of the team regarding Tayla's child...I reckon something will come to light later on in the series...
    All in all it was thoroughly enjoyable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Aye an excellent ep, shall be looking forward to the filler next week im sure :rolleyes:

..i mean they probably blew half their budget on this one ep :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There were lots of little details that I'm sure will lead to stories for the rest of the season...

- Weir
    - Teyla being stunned (baby hurt?)
    - Everyone being stunned on jumper (if I was a wraith, I'd have planted a tracker on board before everyone woke up)
    - Larrin knowing where Atlantis is (and saying that she has something she needs to do)
    - They should find a way of bringing Fran back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Surprised that the didn't end up as the mid-season episode. Easily the best in all the ways posted to date. I also enjoyed the "Colonel's" skit at the beginning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

B-K-DzR wrote: »
    Aye an excellent ep, shall be looking forward to the filler next week im sure :rolleyes:

No :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Excellent episode as well. It had lots going for it and pushed along a lot of story lines. I thought Tey-lo's pregnancy was well handled - Sheppard did the responsible thing but it was nice that Ronin took the side of friendship. It helps add to his character, one which is sorely lacking.

The Travelers return was well handled - it made sense for them to turn up then (not obviously shoe horned in) and helped establish them as sometime allies. It also led to one of the best space battles in the Stargate franchise - they used their budget nicely this time.

The ending too caught me by surprise - I'm guessing she's a rogue (good) replicator faction. Time (next week) will tell.

All in all, it really brought back the excitement for the show and gives more hope as it heads towards a fifth season. Lots to look forward to.

User45701 wrote: »
    No :)
    Careful now.

This episode may have also been helped by the non appearance of a certain doctor. I really liked her part in firefly but in atlantis she makes me want to break the screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

rkm wrote: »
    This episode may have also been helped by the non appearance of a certain doctor. I really liked her part in firefly but in atlantis she makes me want to break the screen.

Her absence was very welcome, the only way this season can get better is if Carson comes ba....oh wait, HELL YES! Not long to go now for that, please god let them bring him back next season in a bigger capacity!

All in all, one of the best Atlantis episodes in a while, and possibly my favorite episode of Stargate in the last year or so. I've been wanting them to have both 303's on hand at the same time for a while, so that was fun. The episode had a great flow to it, the battle, techno babble & plot twists were all perfectly timed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Brillaint episode. Why we love Atlantis. Lets hope they can keep up the story line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,644 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im hoping for a good wraith storyline. When was the last time they were made out to be an abomination? For a long time now theyve just been gutter trashed.

I think for Carter's part shes really been out of her natural element in a real commanding role. She can pull it off very well but she has little time to do any of the Carter thing - y'know, where she eats a donut and comes up with brilliant ways to disrupt a wormhole dialed into a black hole - that sorta thing! So its no wonder McKay is building up Moxy - he's in the field thinking outside the box more. Carter's already leet as hell to be sure and i think using her more would only make McKay look like a chump :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Mr E wrote: »
    - Larrin knowing where Atlantis is (and saying that she has something she needs to do)

I wondered about what that meant. I thought it was them in the middle of the exploded planet at first, until we see Wier. Hopefully we'll find out what she meant soon, and that it won't be a red herring.

Great episode to come back with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Fantastic episode by the current standards. Total departure from what they've done all season, and hopefully a sign that someone has fired all the old writers, and are actually listening to the fans. Of course, i realize it was probably just a one off, and we get 10 more weeks of mind numbing filler staring Tayla before the season finale.

Did anyone else get the impression Shepard was worried he was the father? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Damn them - good Ep but i thought they could have done a few things a little better. They could have dragged out the fight and gone in depth giving us a chance to go through the battle planned McKay and the killer blob. Over before you knew it.

Overall performance by the whole cast was very good - that Wraith did something nasty i reckon;)

Also anyone notice the all buggered off and left all the ancient replicator ships just floating there to be hit in the blast ..........would have been nice if they managed to procure one or two.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

mmm, Fran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,644 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nukem wrote: »
    Also anyone notice the all buggered off and left all the ancient replicator ships just floating there to be hit in the blast ..........would have been nice if they managed to procure one or two.

with what time? by my understanding they only just about missed the blast wave on their way into hyperspace.
    Did anyone else get the impression Shepard was worried he was the father?

No: everyone else heard her say it was nobody on Atlantis to Ronin ;) and my understanding of literature leads me to believe that as a fact and not a mislead... almost always anytime you hear information like that in Stargate its assumed as fact. The only exception I can think of is 'Apophis is dead'....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

I loved it. And thats all there is to say about it.

Thought the replicator blob looked a bit fake though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

cotwold wrote: »
    Thought the replicator blob looked a bit fake though.

Yeah, not like those real replicator blobs we have.

I enjoyed watching the episode so I have to give it's props on that.
    But I think the plot is seriously getting more and more ridiculous...

And that Weir thing was a surprise. But Replicators surviving was a complete cop out. This episode was really dumb, I am angry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Very entertaining episode but I think they crammed too much in, this would have made a great two parter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Yeah, not like those real replicator blobs we have.

Exactly.

Pugsley wrote: »
    Very entertaining episode but I think they crammed too much in, this would have made a great two parter.

I agree they had enough material in this episode for two good episodes, but this was one great episode they made. :)

Future episode spoiler ahead.
    It is in fact a 3 parter, they just kind of ****ed it up with the mid-season break. The first part was before the break, last weeks was the middle episode and this weekend is the final part. I'm hoping for big things for the episode this weekend.

Advertisement