Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Ultra Broadband and Phone?

Options
  • 04-01-2008 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Does anybody have or know if you can get this service in Charlesland?

The Broadband Ultra is a 6MB line and the Phone line is done voip I believe and it's only 4 Euro rental as its through the one cable.

Any feedback would be good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

keith123 wrote: »
    Does anybody have or know if you can get this service in Charlesland?

The Broadband Ultra is a 6MB line and the Phone line is done voip I believe and it's only 4 Euro rental as its through the one cable.

Any feedback would be good.

As far as I am aware, this is not available because the connection in Charlesland is MMDS (cable up as far as a central dish). Unless something has changed, I believe that you need cable right up to the network to get the broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Nothing's changed yet.

There is talk of installing a fibre optic network but I don't know how far along those plans are.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Nothing's changed yet.

There is talk of installing a fibre optic network but I don't know how far along those plans are.

with Chorus & NTL now both owned by UPC I'd say the most likely prospect for an upgrading of the Charlesland system is if they link it to the Greystones Chorus system and upgrade the 2 at the same time (the greystones one is ancient and can't even supply digital TV).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cgunners

I had NTL TV installed about a month ago and the engineer said 6Meg broadband would be coming to the area in about 6 months. I can wait - using Irish Broadband Ripwave at the moment and get nowhere near the 1meg I am paying for!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

anyone in greaystones running 3mb BB without many connection problems?..

looking to organise internet connection this week..

Not looking for slow speeds or phone line... good company name shout out would be great..

Wolf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 grey_newbie

Yes we've got a 3 MB link with a BT bundle but it's using the phone line, quite impressive speeds and it's not until the evening that it slows up a little due to contention and we get a slightly lower upload/download rate, still very much acceptable though but probably not suitable for yourself as you need something without a phone line...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Clifford Chance

Just got in Vodafone BB a couple of days ago and have cancelled our eircom simply because we never used the landline. So far no problems though it does slow up a bit in the evening. They have 50% off at the moment until the end of the month.

Advertisement