Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mike Huckabee

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Mike Huckabee wants to rewrite the U.S. constitution so that it reflects the "word of god' as told in the bible.
    "I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the Constitution. But I believe it’s a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living God. And that’s what we need to do is amend the Constitution so it’s in God’s standards, rather than trying to change God’s standards so it lines up with some contemporary view of how we treat each other and how we treat the family."

This guy believes in Noahs ark. Is he going to bring in all of gods proclaimations into law? (such as stoning people to death for being homosexual or for committing adultery or engaging in threesomes or for blasphemy or proclaiming false gods, or for having sex with a woman who is menustrating, or for eating the wrong foods or wearing the wrong clothes or any number of the countless other capital offences contained within the OT?

Are there enough stones in America?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

At least he isnt a neo-con. I would rather him in the white house than Rudi G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

"I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the Constitution. But I believe it’s a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living God. And that’s what we need to do is amend the Constitution so it’s in God’s standards, rather than trying to change God’s standards so it lines up with some contemporary view of how we treat each other and how we treat the family."

Oh dear....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    At least he isnt a neo-con. I would rather him in the white house than Rudi G.

ruudi is the bush administrations choice for president followed by romney
    how do i know this , because i watch fox news on a daily basis

fox hate huckabee because hes neither a fiscal conservative in the extreme nor is he a hawk
    they hate mc cain because hes not a bush clone
    romney is there boy is ruddi fails which he looks like doing , his only problem is hes the most borring man in america

a ruudi win would mean more of the same

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭SteveS

Huckabee will never get the nomination. The more popular he gets, the more the press digs into his past. Besides his statement in regards to the Constitution, he has talked about wifely submission, which probably won't play well with women, who tend to vote more than men. He also has quite a variety of ethical lapses and has been caught lying about some things he has claimed. He may do well in the south, where the Baptists are popular, but he won't do well outside of that region.
    I cannot figure out Americans at all when they come to picking their president. 270 million peple and best they can do is come up religious nutjobs

A lot of people don't care about the religion of the candidate. In most cases, it doesn't make a difference. Bush is a lousy president because he is lousy, not because of his religion. Clinton was a Baptist, but he certainly didn't do what they wanted. People thought Kennedy would be getting his orders from the Pope, but that never happened.

I don't like Romney because he is inconsistent (check out this fake ad some dems were running to convince other dems to vote for him in MI: Democrats for Romney). His religion has nothing to do with my dislike for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

he does seem to try to act in spurts of genuine christian empathy more then most evangicals but then as someone mentioned that leads to him releasing people early who go on to murder and he doesn't believe in evolution so can't be trusted to think rationally

So all the Christians that were around 150 years ago weren't able to think rationally? Even in modern terms I don't think this is a fair comment.

Advertisement