Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy a tv in limerick

Options
  • 04-01-2008 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

hi,

Would someone advise me a good shop to buy a television in Limerick ?

Thank you !:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

online is cheapest and it delivered, and has warranty, do a tour, bet there is not a tenner between any shop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Rubbish you can pick up bargains just as well if you shop around - Tesco doing some good bargains in LCD's at the minute and all the big chains (Argos, Currys, Dixons, Harvey Normans) will always have the odd bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Kielys and Finucanes will haggle as will Clancy's on O'Connell Street

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Theres a place in South Hill you can get second hand and almost new, real cheap.

You could go online too?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

FSV (I think) next to Gleesons Sports Store, Upper William St. If required they will deliver and set it up and remove the packaging.

Most of the staff would have come from Savins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Most of the staff in Savins were ignorant assholes

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

phog wrote: »
    FSV (I think) next to Gleesons Sports Store, Upper William St. If required they will deliver and set it up and remove the packaging.

Most of the staff would have come from Savins.

+1

Buy all my electronic stuff there. Tony or Sean will look after you. Their aftersales service is excelent too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 vanessas

sorry for late reply. thanks for your help will go to Upper William St as after sales service is very important for me since I have no clue in electronics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

- Wow, I was just thinking the same thing when I read the post before yours.....

But do you all remember the old man that used to sit at the little table in Savins scowling at all the customers ??? I think he was the owner - fcuking surreal; he used to just sit on his piles all day long giving the public filthy looks - don't know why the public were in there in the first place [me included] - overpriced kit, peddaled by w@nkers, with the owner glaring insanely at the helm :eek:

p.s. And every CD in there seemed to have a man in an aran-wool-suit toting a Banjo on the cover - fact.

p.p.s. I've just remembered the guy that used to [gone now?] run "Mr. Music Man" [I think it was called?] was O'Connell Mall and then across from the Clarion; a fuzzy looking Canadian freak - now he knew how to treat a customer with contempt, disdain, impatience and the ultimate in ignorance.....tosser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tonywalshh

Agree, Fsv Are Tops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Raiser wrote: »
    - Wow, I was just thinking the same thing when I read the post before yours.....

But do you all remember the old man that used to sit at the little table in Savins scowling at all the customers ??? I think he was the owner - fcuking surreal; he used to just sit on his piles all day long giving the public filthy looks - don't know why the public were in there in the first place [me included] - overpriced kit, peddaled by w@nkers, with the owner glaring insanely at the helm :eek:

p.s. And every CD in there seemed to have a man in an aran-wool-suit toting a Banjo on the cover - fact.

p.p.s. I've just remembered the guy that used to [gone now?] run "Mr. Music Man" [I think it was called?] was O'Connell Mall and then across from the Clarion; a fuzzy looking Canadian freak - now he knew how to treat a customer with contempt, disdain, impatience and the ultimate in ignorance.....tosser.

The old guy you are thinking of in Savins was the father of the owner if memory serves right. I used to love going up to him and asking questions about stuff, only for him to go "I don't work here", then to ask him why was he sitting behind the counter if he did not work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

FSV are truly excellent - Tony Sean Geraldine are great - you will not go wrong

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Finucanes have been good to me in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

+1 for FSV. Can't go wrong IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

is urlan any good! yor man that owns it used to be one of my lecturers. good auld oliver gleeson! Telecomms, with lessosns in life thrown in for free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Cato

yeah so true and i used to work there! take that for an unbaised view!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 queencakes

RINO87 wrote: »
    is urlan any good! yor man that owns it used to be one of my lecturers. good auld oliver gleeson! Telecomms, with lessosns in life thrown in for free!

I got a great deal on a TV in there in the January sales. Staff were very friendly - no lessons on life thrown in though.... might ring them and see if I can get it over the phone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Cato

i think ollie sold it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I do alot of installs for FSV and I will inform them of the many positive comments I have just read here on the site to which I'm sure they will be delighted to read for themselves as they work very hard and interact positively with their customers for continued custom which is very important to them..

cheers
    steve

Cato wrote: »
    i think ollie sold it :(

I think it was the Newmarket branch that was sold. It's still there in Clare Street opposite the EMO garage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

queencakes wrote: »
    I think it was the Newmarket branch that was sold. It's still there in Clare Street opposite the EMO garage.

He closed the one in Newmarket and sold the one in Ennis (which has since gone bust).

5h4mr0(k wrote: »
    He closed the one in Newmarket and sold the one in Ennis (which has since gone bust).

Not sure where you get your information. The shop in Ennis was sold to the Clare People who were there for a few years and they have now re-located to a bigger premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

He sold the shop & business in Ennis to a guy from Clarecastle (Colleran I think was his name). To the best of my knowledge that business has now gone bust - it doesn't appear in the telephone book anyway.

If it has gone bust that would be a good reason to sell the shop - unless your very sentimental ;)

Advertisement