Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greehills Rd, D24 from Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 04-01-2008 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

I've never asked for directions here before but any advice appreciated.

As above, I've to get to Greenhills Rd (northern part of this long road) tomorrow morning by public transport.
    Options seem to be Luas to Kingswood and 1.5km walk.
    Or the 77 bus.

Which is the better option?
    And does the 77 stop in the city centre (Eden Quay would be handy) as I've checked Dubln Bus website and it's just states it starts in Ringsend

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It started on Eden Quay when i used to get it, but that may have changed since.

But yes, the 77 travels all the way up the greenhills road, so it seems the obvious choice to me. Kingswood isn't exactly close when walking is involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭strychnine

The 77a turns and goes up tymon north, whereas the 77 goes the whole way along greenhills road into tallaght village. It depends where you are getting off, if its near the walkinstown end then either of them will do.

From town, both of them start at the ringsend garage and go along pearse street. From the city centre the best stop would be outside trinity college (college street).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Cool, I can get to Trinity easily.
    The 77A might do also, once to I get to Greehills Rd I know where I'm going. It's the very top of the road, the northern part if that makes sense

My first time getting the 77, I was asking people in work and they were telling me horror stories about the 77 :eek:
    Meh, I've regularly used the 27 and it can't be any worse.

Thanks for the instant responses, very helpful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

If the northern part of the Greenhills road is refering to the end near Tallaght village get the 77. Sit downstairs on that bus also:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

micmclo wrote: »
    , I was asking people in work and they were telling me horror stories about the 77 :eek:

It's fine. It terminates in Fettercairn so it sometimes has characters on it, but no worse than a lot of buses. Sit downstairs if you want to be sure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement