Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart broadband dropouts

Options
  • 04-01-2008 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I'm living in Galway and have had smart broadband for quite a while now. In general it has been excellent but over Xmas it dropped out for 3 or 4 days. Also, recently it seems to randomly drop out and I have to go and reset modem and reboot. I thought it was my PC doing something wierd but I'm pretty sure now it is smart. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Smart is OK for me in Letterkenny, unless maybe it's a local issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭supervixen

I have Smart in Cork, sometimes I get disconnected but it immedeatly connects again, no reason to touch the modem for me, not too often, that is OK for me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Wasn't it Smart who had an issue with the original crop of Aolynk routers, whereby if you had too many ports open it would lock up and require a reboot to restore connectivity? Any chance that's your issue (given increased usage over the holidays)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 thefox84

my smart cuts out now and again too but i think they nearly all do that. go fix a coffee and comeback and its usually ok again

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

My Smart connection never experiences any kind of drop outs, though I changed the Aolynk router for another as soon as I got connected.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

Hi everyone,

I've had Smart BB in Waterford for over a year.
    It has worked fine up until the last few days.
    Now, it seems to work in bursts. You can see this when downloading something.
    It downloads a part of the file, stops, then starts again and so on.
    It very awkward for surfing, because half the times, the pages won't open.
    I thought first it might be a fault with the wireless receiver on my new laptop, but I checked the old desktop which has a connection to the Aolynk router and I'm getting the same problem.
    Should I try and reset it or contact Smart?

Thanks for any advice

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Jor wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I've had Smart BB in Waterford for over a year.
    It has worked fine up until the last few days.
    Now, it seems to work in bursts. You can see this when downloading something.
    It downloads a part of the file, stops, then starts again and so on.
    It very awkward for surfing, because half the times, the pages won't open.
    I thought first it might be a fault with the wireless receiver on my new laptop, but I checked the old desktop which has a connection to the Aolynk router and I'm getting the same problem.
    Should I try and reset it or contact Smart?

Thanks for any advice

Post here instead with your line stats.

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/

Advertisement