Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best airport?

Options
  • 05-01-2008 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Lots of disser posts about airports, howsabout the best international airport experience? Forget the holiday high etc.

My nominees:

1) Helsinki

2) (Capitol of Slovenia) sorry, cant spell it.

Both stress free.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

I would have to say;

1. Brussels National Airport
    2. Dusseldorf International Airport

Transport to and from both is of a high quality, terminal's very well laid out and easy to negotiate. Top notch facilities aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Oilrig wrote: »
    2) (Capitol of Slovenia) sorry, cant spell it.

Ljubljana. Lovely airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

WexCan wrote: »
    Ljubljana. Lovely airport.

I think the airport itself is a bit of a shed, but they have a DC-6/7 (can't remember which) parked outside as a gate guardian, with steps beside it to look in. Much more entertaining than the poxy queues at Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

All the ground staff are quite nice in Ljubljana. I was in Sofia this morning and jaysus were they useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Guys,
    Re Ljubljana.
    Would that truly be a DC6/7 considering this used to be part of the ' eastern bloc ' I supect it's an IL 18 ?

My favourite airport right now is Cagliari ( Sardinia ) , it's a nice neat small airport ( Cork size but with about 8 airbridges ).

I have many I hate , but that's another thread I guess .

I havn't been to Dusseldorf for years now ( about 6 ) but it used to have a great viewing terrace with old aeroplanes up there is it still there ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Copenhagen & Helsinki are great airports, lots of room and very efficient (I had 35 minutes scheduled between flights in CPH, no problems!).

Geneva is good too - not a pretty airport but it's works very well & the approach is spectacular :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

I quite like CDG and AGP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Steyr,

Agree somewhat with Malaga, open plan etc, depends on season.

CDG? my experiences with this hub don't agree... I hate the place. The best European hub is Schipol, for many reasons... not least the number of runways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Hi,

been doing some checking and I am going to eat humble pie.

It is a DC6 at Ljubljana .

As for CDG vs AMS , no contest AMS every time , CDG is wierd in that there seems to be huge taxi times/bus rides whereever you land. AMS has some long taxi times from the far runways ( which seem to be in Rotterdam ! )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Kerry Airport.;)

None of the hustle and bustle of the major international airports and a fine 2000m runway which is able to take a dacent sized aircraft. ( B757 size )

• Advertisement
Advertisement