Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Early NCT test

Options
  • 05-01-2008 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

I'm selling my 02 Mondeo Zetec privately and its 2nd NCT test is due in April. I'd rather sell it with a clean bill of health and would like to do the test now, not April.

Will the NCT people facilitate this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

The motor trade can get cars tested up to 3 months early so I would guess you could too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Yes, I always get mine done 3 months beforehand. NCTS will allow this, although you may need to explain this to the phone operator, most of them are unaware you can test early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Yes I'd say if you ring now you should be able to get a test in mid to late february handy for your local centre or sometime this month if your prepared to move out from your local centre and perhaps take an early morning or late evening time. This time of the year the NCT centres will be maxed out.

Advertisement