Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Hot Water when Central Heating on

Options
  • 05-01-2008 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a boiler that has a button for hot water and a seperate button for central heating. when both are on there is no hot water being pumped to the boiler for the hot water, the CH works fine, when only the hot water is on water is pumped to the boiler.

when the hot water is working there is pressure on the little manual switch on teh pump that sends water to the boiler or the radiators - when bot CH and HW are on there is no pressure ( same as when the HW is off )

Any ideas what would cause this - it only started happening when we had to get our copper tank changed. The thermostat on the copper tank seems to work ok - when is is turned up or down it turns on and off the pump. ( ie when on CH is off )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭JJSolutions

I think i know what the problem is, i done some more testing - there seems to be a preference for the central heating - so if the CH thermostat is calling for heat - it gets it - once the house is hot enough the water gets redirected to the HW.

Advertisement