Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Soundcard for Vista

Options
  • 05-01-2008 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭

I've a problem with a conflict between the grapfics card and soundcard on my Poweredge SC440 which I can't resolve.

I thought that the easiest option would be to get a USB soundcard, that was before I started searching for a USB sound card!

Maplins, Komplett etc. all have USB soundcards but I can't find one with Vista drivers...

Doesn't need to be anything fancy something like this or even cheap USB speakers if they work.

Before I crack up can anyone offer any help? Maybe someone is running one?

Cheers

D-M.

invest4deepvalue.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Found a solution to this, just in case anyone is searching in the future...

Picked up a Creative Blaster Connect despite the fact that even Creative's own website doesn't mention Vista drivers they are included on CD in the pack.

The Sound Blaster Surround 5.1 would have been a better option but PC World only had the Connect in stock at the time.

BTW PC World's price of €29.99 was the best by far, priced at around €44 + p&p on most other websites.

I went for this setup as I wanted the option of a mic input as well. If you are only looking for sound out Vista will install generic drivers for just about any cheap usb sound device....

Like I said hope this helps someone else...

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement