Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car mechanic

Options
  • 05-01-2008 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭

Hiya!

Can anyone recommend a good car mechanic or garage for regular servicing around the area? I suppose ideally around the ballycoolin / mulhuddart / bcp areas, if there's any.

Thanks!

Dan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There's a guy in Rosemount Business Park, but I can't remember the name, I think it's Clonee Autos or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AARR

Can anyone recommend a mechanic to fix central locking on Merc c class 2004 drivers door, ideally in Dublin 2 or Dublin 15? Many thanks, Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

I highly recommend Paul & Simon in the Base Center in Parslickstown Mulhuddart. The best, fastest and cheapest mechanics that I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

<snip> PM the poster if you want contact details. HB

Delete phone number if need be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

RM Motors on the Blakestown Road just across from St Peregrines GAA Club, very good mechanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

There's a guy in Rosemount Business Park, but I can't remember the name, I think it's Clonee Autos or something...
    Avoid, had a bad experience there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

suey71 wrote: »
    I highly recommend Paul & Simon in the Base Center in Parslickstown Mulhuddart. The best, fastest and cheapest mechanics that I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

<snip> PM the poster if you want contact details. HB

Delete phone number if need be.

Are these the ones beside baptec(it training place), they would be on the corner on your left as you go straight from the entrance.

In general there aren't many decent mechanics in Blanch in my experience, I have a regular one I use, its SM motors in the lane that runs @ the back of the cottages of the main street, its across from St.Bridgets church. Ive recommended him to other people here, so maybe they can back up how good he is.

Hi Jeff, I used to go to the guy you mentioned about but found him a little pricey. the guys i mentioned are up in the Base Center, not sure if its the same place as your thinking.
    You go in the gates and its straight up and to your right.

Also, Ritchie in Blanch Auto Electric behind Abrakababra is your man for anything electrical. He's the guy the other mechanics use for electrical work and he is cheaper than cheap and sometimes even free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

suey71 wrote: »
    Hi Jeff, I used to go to the guy you mentioned about but found him a little pricey. the guys i mentioned are up in the Base Center, not sure if its the same place as your thinking.
    You go in the gates and its straight up and to your right.

Also, Ritchie in Blanch Auto Electric behind Abrakababra is your man for anything electrical. He's the guy the other mechanics use for electrical work and he is cheaper than cheap and sometimes even free.

Hello Suey, that’s fair enough, to me most mechanics are pricey so it comes down to their work in the end. Like most necessary evils they expensive.

No that’s a different place then, last year the place I was talking about had closed up and the place was being cleaned out. The owner was a big fella in his 50s or around that.

As far as I remember Sean had one of my cars in with Richie and I also heard people recommend him.

A couple of months ago my wifes window regulator broke in her Scenic and the cheapest quotes she got was for between €5-600. The above guys fixed it for €180. A couple of weeks ago another window went.

She also had a problem with the car stalling. He told her the parts and labour would be about €400 but that it probably just needed to be cleaned out, €60.

Honest hardworking chaps. Highly recommended.

They're Polish and its where all the Eastern Europeans go to have their high powered motors sorted.

Also a very high tech set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I can stand over AG autos in ballycollin estate 087-6688979.

completely modern equipment, 10 years in business, will not be beaten on price and will collect and deliver if on northside if not can lend fully insured car for a couple of days. Give this guy a go and if not completely happy come back on here and roast me......

Oh and Irish owned if that means anything nowadays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 carrollm

A 2003 mercedes fitted with new battery 2years ago also alternator done due to it being flat after 2days - problem has arisen again with the battery light on - seems a electrical problem - need a mechanic to sort it

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You'll find a lot more recent recommendations for garages and mechanics on this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement