Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cancelling Indicators

Options
  • 05-01-2008 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Ok sorry I am making another thread but has cropped up in the last day. My indicator has stopped cancelling automatically for whatever reason, I have no idea. I have ye auld test next week, and I am wondering is it ok if I cancel it manually or should I go and get it fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

redcar wrote: »
    Ok sorry I am making another thread but has cropped up in the last day. My indicator has stopped cancelling automatically for whatever reason, I have no idea. I have ye auld test next week, and I am wondering is it ok if I cancel it manually or should I go and get it fixed?

I'd say try get it fixed, but i can't see any problem with you canceling it manually if you're stuck, but it'd just add to the stress of the day to have to click the indicator off every time you use it. It's probably something that's easily foxed so go to a garage and get them to have a look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

It might be something you want to get fixed anyway but I'd say you'll be grand cancelling it yourself. Sometimes you'd have to anyway depending on the sharpness of the turn etc. and sometimes it can cancel when you don't want it to! I did cancel indicator myself some of the time on my test and was grand. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

redcar wrote: »
    is it ok if I cancel it manually or should I go and get it fixed?
    There is no legal requirement to have an automatically cancelling indicator light.

Advertisement