Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car not starting (possibly immobiliser)

Options
  • 05-01-2008 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

hi, i was changing the radio in my car (01 mitsubishi lancer) and when i was putting it back into the dash a wire came loose that i wasnt aware of and when i switched to acc to check to see if it was working again the raido wouldnt come on so i tried starting up the engine but it wouldnt start, so i checked the the fuse for the raido in the main fuse box and it was blown so i replaced it and now raido is back working but car still wont start and the alarm or immobiliser keeps beeping when i try to start her up.

any ideas on whats causing it not to start would be much appreciated.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Is it turning but not firing??

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

you possibly shorted the battery - try getting someone to jump start you...

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭mac500

nope not even turning, i thought it may be the battery but thats ok, im after checkin all the fuses inside and out and they are all ok, there is an aftermarket alarm in it and i think the immobiliser is a factory one not 100% only got the car a couple of weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭mac500

poster number 3 wins the prize...........car running, thanks guys, i appricate it

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

done it meself...

• Advertisement
Advertisement