Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl?

Options
  • 05-01-2008 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭

hi, my sister just got clearwire bb without consulting me, she found out the hard way! i told her to get ntl instead so she rang up and they said she cant get it in her area (popintree, ballymun). were they feeding her a load of cobblers or can she not get it in her area? shes subscribed to the ntl digital tv service so i think its a bit weird. does anyone know the areas of availability for ntl bb?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I have NTL BB and my estate is Cityside which borders Popintree Park / FAS Centre at one point.

If I'm not mistaken their reason for a big outage out here last year was because they were upgrading some exchange or something up near Popintree in order to better our service (though in fairness our connection has been pretty rock solid ever since then , touch wood :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

shes just down the road from FAS at the very top of poppo park, so are they lying about it not being available to her?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

well obviously I can't say they are lying as I dont know the ins and outs but I can tell you I'm posting from little short of 300 yards from that FAS on my NTL connection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

right thanks for letting me know, il get onto them and question it. until then me poor sister has to wait 20mins for an mp3 to download :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

whats up froza., they should have it in popo. the customer care is a joke in ntl they havent a clue.

tell her to call up again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Keep at them, as they don't seem to know what parts of their network are capable of what. They told me for a good two years that my area was not broadband enabled despite the fact that my next door neighbour (in a semi detached house) had broadband from them! When they finally agreed that my area was broadband enabled, and I got broadband from them installed (which works fine), they now tell me that I can't get their digital phone service from them, even though the cable modem unit which they installed for my broadband is the Scientific Atlanta EMTA with the two phone ports on the back of it :rolleyes:

Advertisement