Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dlink 524 installation

Options
  • 05-01-2008 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭

Im currently trying to set up a wireless network on my ntl broadband using a dlink 524 wireless router. I put in the cd and am doing a quick install. However after a while it says 'Please enter password for router to proceed' . I have no password for it and have reset it several times but to no avail. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

leave it blank or enter admin or 1234 , its one of those 3 :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

KdjaCL wrote: »
    leave it blank or enter admin or 1234 , its one of those 3 :D

kdjac

ive tried them all. and 000 and 0000. it doesnt even ask for a user name, just a password

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭captainpat

If it's a standard DI 524, the admin settings are:

User: admin
    PW: <blank>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Ive finally installed it and set up a network between my pc and laptop. My laptop connects to the network fine but it does not go on the internet, i checked ipconfig and it has no ip address, how do i fix this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭captainpat

By now, your DI 524 is connected and talking network to your connected PCs. You need to get the Dlink to talk to the Internet via the modem. From the Admin page, in the Wizard page, Step 3, make sure your ISP connection type is correct. For eircom, this is PPOE. The Username is eircom, and you can leave the password blank, or set it to broadband1 if blank doesn't work. Obtain addresses automatically when asked.

Good luck!

Advertisement