Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat in cattery.....

• 05-01-2008 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi,

I picked my cat up from the cattery after he was there for 2 weeks. I'm happy he was treated well and he was very friendly with the lady who runs the cattery, his area was clean and tidy as were all the other areas and all the cats there seemed content.

But he seems very unsettled since he came home. He meowed for 3 hours almost continuously then when he did fall asleep he's wake up every few minutes meowing and would only stop when I pet him. He was the same last night, he sleeps on a pillow on my bed and he'd wake up and meow. If I didn't pet him, he'd come over to me and head butt me or gently paw me until I pet him!!

My other cat died three months ago and since then he has become my shadow, even though he didn't get on great with the other cat. But I think he wants to be glued to me now!!! He's walking all over me now as I type!! I will be getting another cat at the end of this month.

How does your cat behave on his/her return from a cattery? Does the above sound normal?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,486 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Our two are really clingy for a day or two as well. They're not usually lap-cats, but for a few days after coming back from the cattery they're all over us. It wears off after a few days usually.

Advertisement