Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens to Chelsea away?

Options
  • 05-01-2008 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

Now that we have to replay reading what will happen to chelsea away on
    14th jan?I have tickets for this game will it be brought forward to saturday i heard this might happen,anybody got any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

just found this on the official website archived news:

Our trip to Stamford Bridge has been moved from January 12 to Monday January 14 and will be televised by Setanta Sports.

This fixture in the Barclays Premier League will now kick-off at 8pm.

However, fans should be aware that if either Chelsea or ourselves are involved in an FA Cup replay that midweek, the game will revert back to the Saturday (January 12) and will not be shown on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

Yeah i just saw that its all a bit of a mess at the moment with so many fixtures in a short space of time. A draw today is the last thing we needed. Arsenal on wednesday and chelsea on saturday followed by another game midweek. I think were playin twice a week for the next month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Replay confirmed for Tuesday 15th 8pm. Chelsea away now on Saturday 12th 3pm

Is that chelsea game confirmed as i have to book new flights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Is that chelsea game confirmed as i have to book new flights

Confirmed on Chelsea site as 3pm next Saturday 12th

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/NewsHomePage/0,,10268~1207536,00.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 wexfordchels

wonder which team Berbatov will be playing for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Spurs.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Spurs.

Personally I hate when the big teams just pick off the best talent whenever they feel like it but Berbatov will be playing for Chelsea or United - by the summer at the latest. Plus Ramos could do a lot with 30 million - couple of defenders and a decent cat. I don't think Berbatov is worth 30 million. But in a way I hope he goes to Chelsea - pay back for Gordon Durie (spit!), who signed for Spurs from Chelsea "to be nearer home". Home being Scotland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 steve_thfc

Cheeky swine! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Go away you Chelsea pri*k

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Go away you Chelsea pri*k

what's rattled your cage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Personally I hate when the big teams just pick off the best talent whenever they feel like it but Berbatov will be playing for Chelsea or United - by the summer at the latest. Plus Ramos could do a lot with 30 million - couple of defenders and a decent cat. I don't think Berbatov is worth 30 million. But in a way I hope he goes to Chelsea - pay back for Gordon Durie (spit!), who signed for Spurs from Chelsea "to be nearer home". Home being Scotland!

An Irish Chelsea supporter - shame on you.

How are the red hand defenders, UVF, BNP, C18 and National front going these days ???

Wonderful club :mad:

An Irish Chelsea supporter - shame on you.

How are the red hand defenders, UVF, BNP, C18 and National front going these days ???

Wonderful club :mad:

what a moron. yeah, I was big into politics when I started following Chelsea at 5 years of age. your ignorance is astounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Fellas, behave.

This isn't a Spurs-only website, there are plenty of them if that's what you want.

No problem with a bit of banter, leave the abuse some place else.

Fellas, behave.

This isn't a Spurs-only website, there are plenty of them if that's what you want.

No problem with a bit of banter, leave the abuse some place else.

Fair enough.
    No abuse my end, just stating a few uncomfortable facts.

Fair enough.
    No abuse my end, just stating a few uncomfortable facts.

what facts might they have been then 'cos I didn't see any....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

How long you following chelski?

2 years i bet..since they bought the league!!!!

BERBA wrote: »

how original.

I don't have to justify my support to anyone but I've been following Chelsea since the mid 80s. I travel regularly to watch the Blues - both home and away. And to be perfectly honest, I reckon I've seen Spurs play more than most who post on this board!

how original.

I don't have to justify my support to anyone but I've been following Chelsea since the mid 80s. I travel regularly to watch the Blues - both home and away. And to be perfectly honest, I reckon I've seen Spurs play more than most who post on this board!

I think you should go and play somewhere else.

I think you should go and play somewhere else.

er, why, exactly?

You said earlier that you hadn't done anything except state a few uncomfortable facts? what were they? I didn't see any.

I'm gonna give you a little lesson now, okay?

Saying Chelsea is a wonderful club (even if you were being sarcastic) is an opinion, not a fact. Chelsea FC is a football club, now that is a fact.

Asking someone how loyalist paramiliataries and far right organisations are getting on is a question, not a fact.

You haven't got a clue mate. (Opinion).

• Advertisement

BERBA wrote: »

Didnt Chelsea win the league three years ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Yeah but he didn't start following them until they won it the first time !!! That would make it 2 years following them dazzler.

er, why, exactly?

You said earlier that you hadn't done anything except state a few uncomfortable facts? what were they? I didn't see any.

I'm gonna give you a little lesson now, okay?

Saying Chelsea is a wonderful club (even if you were being sarcastic) is an opinion, not a fact. Chelsea FC is a football club, now that is a fact.

Asking someone how loyalist paramiliataries and far right organisations are getting on is a question, not a fact.

You haven't got a clue mate. (Opinion).

I suggest you do your homework. Pre Abramovic Chelsea's core fan base were right wing, The Chelsea Headhunters were/are deeply involved with C-18/BNP etc. Apart from (non-Irish) Cascarino & more recently Duff there have always been zero significant connections between Ireland and Chelsea. Ever wondered why that was ?? It's a very similar story with another small London club (W-Ham). I've been to enough Chelsea games to experience this nastyness for myself. C-18 were the main instigators in the Landsdowne Rd fiacso in 1995. For these reasons it has always dissapointed to see any Irish person supporting Chelsea.

It maybe a case that today that "new Chelsea" have gone all up market and show-bizzy. But in the back ground there will always be lurking "proper Chelsea" these people are scum and your club have a lot more than the average. So glad they have nothing to do with me.

These are the facts, no matter how hard they are for you to swallow.

From Wikipedia:

The Chelsea Headhunters are a hooligan firm linked to the London football team Chelsea F.C.[1]

There is widespread racism amongst the gang and links to various white supremacist organisations, such as Combat 18, the National Front and Northern Irish loyalist paramilitary organisations, such as the Ulster Defence Association and Ulster Volunteer Force.[1]

I suggest you do your homework. Pre Abramovic Chelsea's core fan base were right wing, The Chelsea Headhunters were/are deeply involved with C-18/BNP etc. Apart from (non-Irish) Cascarino & more recently Duff there have always been zero significant connections between Ireland and Chelsea. Ever wondered why that was ?? It's a very similar story with another small London club (W-Ham). I've been to enough Chelsea games to experience this nastyness for myself. C-18 were the main instigators in the Landsdowne Rd fiacso in 1995. For these reasons it has always dissapointed to see any Irish person supporting Chelsea.

It maybe a case that today that "new Chelsea" have gone all up market and show-bizzy. But in the back ground there will always be lurking "proper Chelsea" these people are scum and your club have a lot more than the average. So glad they have nothing to do with me.

These are the facts, no matter how hard they are for you to swallow.

From Wikipedia:

The Chelsea Headhunters are a hooligan firm linked to the London football team Chelsea F.C.[1]

There is widespread racism amongst the gang and links to various white supremacist organisations, such as Combat 18, the National Front and Northern Irish loyalist paramilitary organisations, such as the Ulster Defence Association and Ulster Volunteer Force.[1]

First of all, it's Abramovich.
    You don't have to suggest anything to me because I know so much about the so-called dark side to football, I'd lose you.
    Now, mr. smarty pants let me tear your ill informed views to shreds: You said, "The Chelsea Headhunters were/are deeply involved with C-18/BNP etc". Really? Deeply involved - what exactly does that mean? That they canvass for them during elections? Do the door at their social events, is it? The BNP are a right wing political organisation with little or no representation in places that are bastions of Chelsea support: places like Wimbledon, Morden, Kilburn, west London and south west London. C-18 are an off-shoot of the BNP - they were the people who originally provided security at BNP gigs and went on to form what they are today: a right-wing terrorist organisation. To say that the Chelsea headhunters are "deeply involved" with these groups is laughable. C-18 draws most of its membership from the north of England with fans of clubs like Leeds and Middlesbrough being to the forefront. This thing about Chelsea, West Ham and Millwall being overtly racist is media lie which grew and grew. If these clubs were so racist like you say, and in particular their so-called hooligan elements - why were some of Chelsea's and West Ham's best known hooligans black? Now the anti-Irish thing? Again could you tell me why many of the people involved in "terrace culture" at Chelsea had surnames like Murphy, Ryan, Walsh, Fitzgerald, Dolan etc etc? There was a notorious bus which travelled to Chelsea away games from Kilburn full of Paddies and plastic Paddies. I can assure you they weren't right wing or loyalists.
    What exactly does "zero significant" connections mean? John Dempsey scored a goal in a European final against Real Madrid for Chelsea - I think that's fairly significant. Duff won two championship medals there. Seamus O'Connell won a league medal at Chelsea in 1955. A host of other Irish players have been at Chelsea and played for the club: D'Arcy. Mulligan, Colgan; Gerry Murphy, Townsend, Phelan to name but a few. But what exactly is your point? If you're so worried about Irishness why do you support an English club? Where in Ireland is Tottenham? And sorry to disappoint you but the biggest Chelsea supporters club outside of London is in Dublin with very active clubs to be found in Cork and Waterford. I, myself, know of season ticket holders at Chelsea from Cork, Dungarvan and Carrick-on-Suir.
    Come back to me when you actually know what you're talking about. This thread was initially about the moving of the Chelsea - Spurs game with a bit of banter thrown in about Berbatov. You came in and tried to play to gallery - ah sure look at me I'm so clever I'll make a show of the only Chelsea fan on the board and earn so kudos for myself. You're an embarrassment.

First of all, it's Abramovich.
    You don't have to suggest anything to me because I know so much about the so-called dark side to football, I'd lose you.
    Now, mr. smarty pants let me tear your ill informed views to shreds: You said, "The Chelsea Headhunters were/are deeply involved with C-18/BNP etc". Really? Deeply involved - what exactly does that mean? That they canvass for them during elections? Do the door at their social events, is it? The BNP are a right wing political organisation with little or no representation in places that are bastions of Chelsea support: places like Wimbledon, Morden, Kilburn, west London and south west London. C-18 are an off-shoot of the BNP - they were the people who originally provided security at BNP gigs and went on to form what they are today: a right-wing terrorist organisation. To say that the Chelsea headhunters are "deeply involved" with these groups is laughable. C-18 draws most of its membership from the north of England with fans of clubs like Leeds and Middlesbrough being to the forefront. This thing about Chelsea, West Ham and Millwall being overtly racist is media lie which grew and grew. If these clubs were so racist like you say, and in particular their so-called hooligan elements - why were some of Chelsea's and West Ham's best known hooligans black? Now the anti-Irish thing? Again could you tell me why many of the people involved in "terrace culture" at Chelsea had surnames like Murphy, Ryan, Walsh, Fitzgerald, Dolan etc etc? There was a notorious bus which travelled to Chelsea away games from Kilburn full of Paddies and plastic Paddies. I can assure you they weren't right wing or loyalists.
    What exactly does "zero significant" connections mean? John Dempsey scored a goal in a European final against Real Madrid for Chelsea - I think that's fairly significant. Duff won two championship medals there. Seamus O'Connell won a league medal at Chelsea in 1955. A host of other Irish players have been at Chelsea and played for the club: D'Arcy. Mulligan, Colgan; Gerry Murphy, Townsend, Phelan to name but a few. But what exactly is your point? If you're so worried about Irishness why do you support an English club? Where in Ireland is Tottenham? And sorry to disappoint you but the biggest Chelsea supporters club outside of London is in Dublin with very active clubs to be found in Cork and Waterford. I, myself, know of season ticket holders at Chelsea from Cork, Dungarvan and Carrick-on-Suir.
    Come back to me when you actually know what you're talking about. This thread was initially about the moving of the Chelsea - Spurs game with a bit of banter thrown in about Berbatov. You came in and tried to play to gallery - ah sure look at me I'm so clever I'll make a show of the only Chelsea fan on the board and earn so kudos for myself. You're an embarrassment.

I would expect you to defend your club through rose tinted glasses. Of course there are loads of Irish Chelsea supporters these days. I wonder how many active Chelsea fans there were 15 years ago compared to today ??. I'd love to see the stats on that. The Russian bandwagon is going strong and good luck to them (for they know not what they do).

You can pretend that Chelsea is a lovely club (I imagine you beleive it yourself). But if you continue to deny their Nazi/Right Wing past you are letting yourself down. Why are Chelsea so close to Lazio and Rangers, is this just a football thing or does it run deeper. Nearly all the scarfs on sale at Chelsea have Rangers on them too ?? Could you explain this please ??

The number of Irish players at any overseas club has never bothered me, but when a famous club like Chelsea have a significantly lower number in their history it raises a few eyebrows. Apart from that Chelsea fans have booed black chelsea players and love to hiss (nerve gas noise) at Spurs games. Isn't that lovely? What a charming bunch.

Thers no Kudos to be earned here, just a Chelsea fan who needs to be told a few home truths about his club. Now I suggest you play somewhere else, and stop rabbiting on.

I would expect you to defend your club through rose tinted glasses. Of course there are loads of Irish Chelsea supporters these days. I wonder how many active Chelsea fans there were 15 years ago compared to today ??. I'd love to see the satas on that. The Russian bandwagon is going strong and good luck to them (for they know not what they do).

You can pretend that Chelsea is a lovely club (I imagine you beleive it yourself). But if you continue to deny their Nazi/Right Wing past you are letting yourself down. First of all there's no doubt that there'a nasty element to Chelsea's support.

Why are Chelsea so close to Lazio and Rangers, is this just a football thing or does it run deeper. Nearly all the scarfs on sale at Chelsea have Rangers on them too ?? Could you explain this please ?? Actually, they don't. Most scarves at Chelsea have Chelsea written on them.

The number of Irish players at any overseas club has never bothered me, but when a famous club like Chelsea have a significantly lower number in their history it raises a few eyebrows. Apart from that Chelsea fans have booed black chelsea players and love to hiss (nerve gas noise) at Spurs games. Isn't that lovely? What a charming bunch. Not only Chelsea fans but you are really beginning to get on my nerves. You are what I call a keyboard warrior. You never answered my quetion about the blacks amongst Chelsea's hooligan element.

Thers no Kudos to be earned here, just a Chelsea fan who needs to be told a few home truths about his club. Now I suggest you play somewhere else, and stop rabbiting on.
    A few home truths, jeez will we have a discussion about the Yid Army so? Play somehwre else? Who the f*** are you to tell me what to do?

But you keep believing everything you read in the Independent. Tell me this so you still believe in Santy?

You know nothing about football culture - you're a no mark.

A few home truths, jeez will we have a discussion about the Yid Army so? Play somehwre else? Who the f*** are you to tell me what to do?

But you keep believing everything you read in the Independent. Tell me this so you still believe in Santy?

You know nothing about football culture - you're a no mark.

I don't read the independent - now run along....

I don't read the independent - now run along....

Don't tell me what to do again. You never answered any of the questions I asked so I have zero respect for you. I know kids who know more about football and football culture than you. The majority of Spurs fans I know are spot on and clued in. You're an embarrassment to them. I will ignore you from now on little boy with the big chip on his shoulder.

Anyway
    Anybody heading over on saturday it will be my first away game cant wait for it now,i fancy us to do well if we field a strong 11.

• Advertisement

Don't tell me what to do again. You never answered any of the questions I asked so I have zero respect for you. I know kids who know more about football and football culture than you. The majority of Spurs fans I know are spot on and clued in. You're an embarrassment to them. I will ignore you from now on little boy with the big chip on his shoulder.

Great argument - quality name calling - good man.

By the way, the camera never lies, some lovely Nazi salutes there. You must be so proud:

truechelsea3.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement