Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice you would give yourself if you could go back in time...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Yeah that's how you get hooked on valium

...and thats just the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Because losing your virginity at 12 is a bad idea in retrospect is why.

oh! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Wooly Woo wrote: »
    I'd tell myself, aged 8 "Put the fork down!!" "Sweets are bad for you" "So is chocolate"

wtf why?!

EDIT: You ate sweets with a fork?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

wtf why?!
    He clearly stabbed and killed someone with a fork to steal their sweets and chocolate. It's fairly obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

GDM wrote: »
    I'd go back to about 2003 and tell myself not to take up judo and as a consequence spend three months out sick from school and repeat fifth year(that was by choice).

What exactly did you do if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

2 stroke wrote: »
    I'd warn me not to do the same thing that I did in march 2012.

Sure what does it matter when "you know what" happens on May 5th!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Wooly Woo

He clearly stabbed and killed someone with a fork to steal their sweets and chocolate. It's fairly obvious.

:D Funny! No cos food, sweets and choc made me fat. Oh and i is a girlie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I'd tell myself to keep doing what I'm doing. Afterall, I am the greatest person alive at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭newestUser

Dudess wrote: »
    It probably depends on the individual too, but for me, sex only started to become really good from around 22. Since around 27 it's become utterly fantastic! Please god let this pattern continue! :)
    Confidence and being relaxed in yourself are crucial to good sex, and those come with age - for me anyway.

Pffft. Feck off with your boasting. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

one thing i wish i said last week was " dont go out on new years eve!"

few years ago it would be "tie your shoe laces", as it does matter, and wouldnt be costing me 6 grand now to fix the problems because of that!!

if i could go back one hour, id say "oh dont eat that, that will only make you sick" but then hay when do i ever learn or listen

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Oh and i is a girlie!

Post up some pictures or it isn't true.
    No cos food, sweets and choc made me fat.

Actually on second thoughts, scrap that. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭milli

emo!! wrote: »
    few years ago it would be "tie your shoe laces", as it does matter, and wouldnt be costing me 6 grand now to fix the problems because of that!!

please elaborate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

dsmythy wrote: »
    Sure what does it matter when "you know what" happens on May 5th!

What happens May 5th 2012. It will be my 30th birthday

I would of told myself to forget about my carrer. It all went pear shape due to health Issues.

Choose my friends better. Most of them were leeches who f00ked of when I ran out of cash. see above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

milli wrote: »
    please elaborate!

He probably fell over and broke his teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

An advice for myself? Pobably "STAY YOURSELF".

No changes. Just a one change could make you a different person. I don't wanna be somebody else! :)

Who know what happened if you could change just a one thing in your life?? Different kind of thinking, different friends.

Crossing one street might make you die in crash accident. Who know what happened if Hitler was killed?

So never regret anything my friends! Stay happy who you are every second of your life!:)

• Advertisement

He probably fell over and broke his teeth.

meh, I was hoping for something a little more exciting..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

1. Money is the root of all evil, you only need it to survive. Everything else is unwanted excess.... when you die someone else would inherit it!:D
    2. Time is money = no time wasters need apply
    3. Never setlle for less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

An advice for myself? Pobably "STAY YOURSELF".

No changes. Just a one change could make you a different person. I don't wanna be somebody else! :)

Who know what would happen if you could change just a one thing in your life?? Different kind of thinking, different friends...

Crossing one street might make you die in crash accident. Who know what would happen if Hitler was killed?

So never regret anything my friends! Stay happy who you are, every second of your life! :)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'd also go back and tell myself the winning Euromillions numbers for that night yer one Delores McNamara won it. I'd have put that money to far better use:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I'd go back and tell myself to peg it and join the navy.

"IN the navy, where you can sail the seven seas!....."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I'd tell myself to remind dublindude that there was a thread about this a few months back

Toots85 wrote: »
    I'd also go back and tell myself the winning Euromillions numbers for that night yer one Delores McNamara won it. I'd have put that money to far better use:rolleyes:

You'd still have to share it with her since she'd end up picking the same numbers, I'm assuming.

Well. I'd first go back in time and have sex with my mother and my grandmother so I'd both be my own father and grandfather. Sure, why not?

Advice I'd give myself?

Don't give up things so easily. Take care of your back, stop bloody slouching! Oh, and do better in the Leaving Cert. Something to do with my family too, probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Don't start smoking.

Don't have unprotected sex

Don't smoke while having unprotected sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Don't smoke while having unprotected sex.

Lubricant helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

Things I'd tell myself ?

1. Irish women are for friendships only. Avoid any romantic stuff whatsoever.
    2. 99% of Americans/Canadians you will meet abroad are some of the worst human beings ever born. Avoid them. (note: This is my experience, I don't mean all north Americans are avoid at all cost people, just the ones I've met I'd much rather NOT have.)
    3. Get out of Ireland ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

i'd try and give myself some handy advice, however the younger me would probably run away with his hands over his ears screaming "lalala i can't hear you now go away before you create a temporal paradox and destroy us all"

Damn my younger self being such a nerd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Id go back to all the moments that I was treated like sh1t by people, bosses, teachers, elders etc. and tell myself not to take it and to learn to stand up for myself more, after all Im no worse a human being than they are and no one has the right to treat others as inferior!

Cue the righteous ' Your boss/teacher/elder has the right to discipline you..etc' and I agree but the incidents Im referring to were unesscessarily harsh or belittling...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

I'd tell myself never to go back in time, then see what happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

take it a bit easier that night in munich :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Rhiannon14

I'd probably tell myself to forgive people easier and trust in myself sooner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

my advice would be:sit up straight idiot!

i ****ed my back up nearly 2 years ago by sitting badly. Doctors have been useless and it looks like its going to have me in a wheelchair at some point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Dont turn around and talk to that c*** beside you. You are about to throw away 7 of you golden years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

my advice would be:sit up straight idiot!

i ****ed my back up nearly 2 years ago by sitting badly. Doctors have been useless and it looks like its going to have me in a wheelchair at some point

I just sat upright there when i saw your post. No more slouching!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Take the blue pill.

I'd probably just try to tell my younger self not to be afraid of being a bit different from the crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

dsmythy wrote: »
    I just sat upright there when i saw your post. No more slouching!

good man. keep it up or you'll regret it. the only cure i've been able to find on the internet for my problem is to kill the nerves in the area to stop it hurting, which of course doesn't actually repair the damage that's causing the pain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Go to San Francisco.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Don't go to San Francisco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Don't forget to bring a towel.

Tell myself how to build a time machine...:rolleyes:

Skynet goes online on March 4th 2012.

Keep up the good work.
    AD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

I am from the future and here's my advice to you all.

1. Learn to speak Chinese.
    2. Accept the teachings of the Qu'ran.

Those two will cover you for both sides of the new world order and it wouldn't do you any harm to send Kim Jong-il a birthday card (he's the vice-president of the Democratic Peoples Republic of Eastern Earth).

3. Stop complaining about Pat Kenny because he will still be hosting the Late Late show although now it's a daily lunchtime show and most of the guests will be members of the CPC or leading Imams.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Don't scratch it, you'll make it worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Don't wear a bag on your back when on a motorcycle.

Go to the hospital fuchwit, it's not a dent it's a concave skull fracture.

Enjoy your pancreas, kidneys and right eye while they're good.

Don't quit the showjumping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

go to certain large mcd event instead of the gaeltacht. yes, you are going to get paid to be on holiday, but you will never get the chance to see audioslave again!

bah, stupid de la rocha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Tell myself not to be such a douchebag about coming to live in ireland when i was 13.

Also tell myself to bet large sums of money on the presidential elections. Easier to remember than horse races :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Go for the bulge at the back, Instead of the bulge at the front...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Never ever ever say"Giddy uuup Trigger" when about to pop your load in ANY female.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I'd go back just over a year ago and tell myself to speak out instead of being reticent about how I feel.

My life would be a lot different if I had.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Never ever ever say"Giddy uuup Trigger" when about to pop your load in ANY female.
    oh god i hope this is true..

id probably go with either
    "put some effort into your studies"
    or
    "go to boards beers..."

Advertisement