Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf R32 bumper

Options
  • 05-01-2008 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I need a new front bumper for my Mk IV Golf. I was thinking of getting an R32 bumper, just because I like the look of it more than the standard one. Anyone know what sort of money am I looking at to order it, have it painted silver and put on the car?

Thanks guys

http://www.motornet.com.au/SizedPics/picgalBIG-473292.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

tdc wrote: »
    Hi guys, I need a new front bumper for my Mk IV Golf. I was thinking of getting an R32 bumper, just because I like the look of it more than the standard one. Anyone know what sort of money am I looking at to order it, have it painted silver and put on the car?

Thanks guys

http://www.motornet.com.au/SizedPics/picgalBIG-473292.jpg

You can buy them off ebay for cheap enough but not sure of how good they are.. Plus i say the r32 bumper is bigger than the standard one so not sure if it will suit the car on its own might have to get side skirts two.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

stay away from fibre glass replicas

Also no offence but if you put an R bumper on your golf with no other work done i.e lowered bigger wheels,R side skirts and R rear bumper at the minimun then it will look awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,057 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

what he said

there are two kits worth getting, the full r32 kit or the anniversary edition kit, the anni consists of front and rear valances and skirts, the r32 is a new front bumper, i think a new rear bumper and skirts

both expensive, the r32 more so

do it right or dont bother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Also... no R badges! Its a great kit though but yep get something to compliment it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

Thanks guys, I think I'm just going to get the standard bumper. Now I realise that the R32 bumper would look bad without skirts,wheels etc. Also, I would imagine it would be a lot harder to sell when the time comes if I did get the kit.

Also, I would never dream of putting the R32 badges on my car!:)

Thanks for all your input guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

speaking of the mk4 gti 25th anniversary edition kit. Has anyone put one on there car? Thinking of getting one for mine. The only place i know where to get on is off ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

tdc wrote: »
    Thanks guys, I think I'm just going to get the standard bumper. Now I realise that the R32 bumper would look bad without skirts,wheels etc. Also, I would imagine it would be a lot harder to sell when the time comes if I did get the kit.

Also, I would never dream of putting the R32 badges on my car!:)

Thanks for all your input guys.

Well the skirts, as long as they're vw ones or replicas shouldn't make much of a difference and just keep the original bumpers..if you can. They're not too hard to swap over if needed in time to sell and you could then sell off the r32 bumpers too. I'm sure a lot of people would like the look of th r32 kit on it as long as its done tastefully. Try at least go for the rear bumper too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

I know these aren't r32 or silver but you could spray them to suit

http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=11061

Advertisement