Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga week 17 Gimmick

• 05-01-2008 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Proper football back tonight with 1 and a half crackers.

20:00 Mallorca ? - ? Barcelona
    22:00 Espanyol ? - ? Villarreal

2nd game should be good 3rd vs 4th. Barca missing Ronnie who is injured and meant to have played his last game for Barca, Henry and Etoo should start up front with Bojan or Dos Santos.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Lol at 'proper football'.

But do you really think 'Dinho will leave at this time. Would a club be willing to invest in a player who can't play in Champions League?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

La Liga is always the best in KdjaCLWorld. Its like Spurs-Reading never happened ;)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11833_3022311,00.html

Milan bought ronaldo last year when he was cup tied.

Bayern have billions to spend so could also bid for him.

kdjac

Good call. Bayern seem to have a never ending transfer budget.

mike65 wrote: »
    La Liga is always the best in KdjaCLWorld. Its like Spurs-Reading never happened ;)

Mike.

There was nearly a shot in the villa man utd game, i say nearly as it more like an over hit cross.

lol spurs reading between them conceded nearly 100 goals, worst example ever :)

mike liverpool targets Jonas and Arango playing tonight, arango being the best the of the 2, wonder why liverpool sign players from la liga all the time and not the greatest league in the world!!

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I think la liga is also the best league in the world, hands down... No need to imply somebodies dillusioned just because they dont hail to the premier league hype...

Ronnie wont leave in this window... The fact he will be ineligible to play CL will mean his price will be significantly lower... If he leaves itll be in the summer...

Im afraid Barca have pretty much lost the title to Real this season... Not because of the points they have to make up, but Real look like a unified team and Barca look like they aren't bothered on occasion... Im hoping Iniesta makes me proud tonight though...

Barca have played the best football this season without Ronnie, so lets hope we can recover from a disgusting 2-2 draw with Alcoyano in the copa del rey... To lay down a marker for Sevilla who are playing us in the copa del rey next wednesday... =[

Espanyol are look brilliant this season, so villareal will have it tough, but need the points to keep the heat on Athletico Madrid and the big 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Barca missing Ronnie.

It's not often you'd be happy about this but I'm delighted he has missed so many games this season. He has such a negative affect on the team these days. He has turned into a luxury player, but he just doesn't do enough to justify his place in the starting 11.

Barca have to win tonight. I reckon they can do it, they have a good record against Mallorca and Eto'o always seems to get a goal or two against them.

Im hoping for

Víctor Valdés

Puyol
    Marquéz
    Milito
    Abidal

Yayá Touré

Gudjohnsen
    Xavi

Iniesta
    Eto´o
    Henry

I know Iniesta is used to playing on the left, but I want Barca to hopefully have the game killed off before bringing on Bojan and Gio.

Think Bojan could start, the catalunian serb :confused:

Also fact he only a kid and hungry to play and plays on ronnies side makes it fairly easy to not miss ronnie.

kdjac

What about Henry? Surely he'll get time after coming back from his injury... Gio is the only natural right sided player to replace Messi... They might put Bojan on the right and drop Guddy for Iniesta.. Guddy deserves his chance, he played well in his last two appearances again Valencia and somebody else.. :p

Lineup annouced by Radio Catalunya

Valdes
    Puyol -- Marquez -- Milito -- Abidal
    Touré
    Xavi -- Gudjohnsen
    Giovani -- Eto'o -- Iniesta

Wanted to see Henry start... Ouchies..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The other way of looking at Ronnie being cup tied, is that some club may look at it being a bargain to get him now.

As for him being missing tonight, thats a good thing, not a bad thing. He has been very poor this season, so a front three of Bojan, Henry and Eto'o is a far better option. Big game for Barca. I think they will slip up again though.

Villareal Espanyol could be a cracker though. Both playing nice stuff this season.

KdjacL, maybe put a wacky name to the thread to get more views!

Barca havent started well, not retaining the ball and humping it long, mallorca on top and cutting out almost everythng from barca.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Ronaldinho to Bayern is absolutely absurd thinking. Not a chance in the world.

There is not a chance Ronaldinho will join Derby, if Bayern give him absurd money, he would be tempted. I think Ribery moving was more shocking.

Thought luca toni moving was more absurd, but they have money and not in the CL.

Guddy having a mare. lol guddy

Henry chenko on and inesta to drop into midfield?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

KdjaCL. as a fan of La Liga, wat do you make of Arango?

La Liga means nothing since Romy left.;)

Bojan on for guddy.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Eto, ****ing hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

What a cracker!

Never mind the gorgeous finish the whole build up was beautiful - rapier like counter attack.

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Henry chenko

Hahahah, he isnt that bad yet to be fair... His role has changed, he need to set up alot of goals too. He showed glimpses of his genius today, and is working like a dog. Fairplay to him...

Edit- Espanyol look pretty good, Tamudo with a cool finish.

Edit Edit- 2-0

Barca did well in the end Henry gave them an instant option should have scored too.

Espanyol are raping villareal, both teams are throwing men forward.

kdjac

Espanyol are playing the best football in Spain atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

The Sevilla dery should be a cracker tonight with Sevilla coming out on top.
    3-2.

Sky Sports 1 @ 9:00 pm. Tune In.

The presidents have called a truce and the fans, to rememeber Puerta and play the game rather than the insane **** that normally goes on.

Real vs an out of sorts Zaragoza at home, Dalessandro wants to leave again and should be gone by end of month, some great players at zaragoza odd noone ever went in for Milito.

kdjac

I hate madrid so much... They have to be the luckiest team in the world... =[ They have the league, definitely.

Edit- 2-0... Damnit...

lol 2 nice goals but Zara should have had them buried, 16 shots in 65 minutes and some wonder saves by Casialis. Then BANG RVN and Robinho and its over.

Was a good game but main event on now.

Love watching this derby shame sky half ass their coverage of it, teams are who you can make out in the 1st few minutes, fabiano and kanoute so far playing

kdjac

2-0 to sevilla. Im glad I put money on them for the CL as soon as they lost to Arsenal. =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

eZe^ wrote: »
    2-0 to sevilla. Im glad I put money on them for the CL as soon as they lost to Arsenal. =]

Me to but i did it before they lost to Arsenal.

• Advertisement

Sevilla raping Betis, 3-0 should make it 4 soon enough. Chevanton to get it.

kdjac

Advertisement