Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG U990 - Any Opinions?

• 05-01-2008 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

I've been looking at the LG U990 phone. God it's lovely.

The reviews on the web are mixed - lovely phone but it seems to have a slow camera and some technical faults.

Has anyone got this phone? What's the call quality like? How weird is it to use to text? What's the camera like? What surfing the web like?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭digiman

Has anyone got this phone yet? I have an upgrade on 3 and am thinking of getting it. Does anyone know how it compares to the N95 as that is what I currently have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

I got it for my missus last week on the Three network. For some reason it's removed from the Three web site but I'd imagine you could still get it by ringing them. I also got 10% discount on both my Three monthly accounts.

Back to the phone itself. It's so different but in a very good way. The touch screen works very well, sometimes you might have to hit the screens twice but thats very rare. The scrolling is a little difficult and only found out from a youtube video how to do it properly! If you have your contacts listings you need to hold your finger down on the last contact of the screen and then push up with your finger. I think the iphone you just slide up with your finger which looks easier. The camera is very good hardware wise but apparently the jpg rendering software is not very good. I myself dont notice it too much but its what techie people are talking about on this web site (www.ku990.co.uk). It has all the standard applications plus it's linked to all googles applications (Blogger, Gmail, Google, Google Maps). Google Maps works really well as long as you've a 3G connection - Since I saved 10% on my monthly bill I got the mobile broadband 100 but in the last 2 weeks or so of using I've only used about 7MB. The one annoying thing is the Three logo's plastered on the front. Luckily you can remove them using a hacking app on that www.ku990.co.uk site - It'll have alot more info about the phone too.

Overall I think the phone is excellent and only missing Wifi.
    According to the missus her feedback about it would be when you answer or make a call the phone auto locks (basically to save your ear hitting the screen and hanging it up) and you have to unlock it to put the speaker on. You cant answer or make a call with the speaker on as default. Probably fix by a firmware update.

Advertisement