Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barber for a long-haired guy

Options
  • 05-01-2008 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

Sort of a couterweight to gaeilgegrinds' thread here...

I know a lot of you Galway forum regulars are hairy dudes like myself. Can anyone recommend a barber where I might get a good trim? i.e. not get the whole thing shorn off. Failing that a good wimmins hairdressers would do I suppose.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I use house of grafton on shop street.

They have barbers & hairdressers so can handle both men and women.

Haven't had long hair in years though, but I know what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

ya i could do with a good hairdresser for guys with long hair.

Ive tried going to a girls place and they made a balls of it.
    Went to a random barber and they made a balls of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bat Country

place beside kings head, small place downstairs, 2 french barbers. very good for a long haired hippie like myself

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Joe...on lower abbeygate st. I forget the actual name of the barbour shop as have cut my own hair the last few years :D Anyway, his name is Joe and when I had long hair, he was excellent, he's a hairy dude himself! Its a few metres from lynches castle

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Good advice, i need a trim myself, to loose the split ends only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Thanks for all the tips guys. Any of these places open after 6pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

cornbb wrote: »
    Thanks for all the tips guys. Any of these places open after 6pm?

good question. Us long haired types dont come out till after dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

House of Grafton is open till 8 on a thursday I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    Joe...on lower abbeygate st. I forget the actual name of the barbour shop as have cut my own hair the last few years :D Anyway, his name is Joe and when I had long hair, he was excellent, he's a hairy dude himself! Its a few metres from lynches castle

Scruffy Joe's is the name of his shop, and yeah, I'd highly recommend him. I've been to a few different places over the years, but Joe is definitely the best, he's never made a balls up of my hair.

Seriously, he's the only guy I'd recommend if you've got long hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭PlasseyMinstrel

I just got my first haircut as one of you long-haired people a few weeks ago, never had anything other than a blade 2 all over before now! I went to Fat Tony's in Liosban and they did a good job, the guy there knew what he was talking about especially as he tailored it to the fact that I'm in an in-betweeny stage, so it's a cut preparing it for being longer, if that makes any sense. It does in my head. Anyway, recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I'd highly recommend him.

+1 to elemental damage

(Seriously though, the guy is good!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭funnyname

Are these recommendations still valid?

Advertisement