Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT in Dublin 2 - Anyone else having problems?

Options
  • 05-01-2008 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just wanted to ask. In D2, just off the canal, and our BT 2meg (yeah, right) line is absolutely crawling the last few days.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

I have phone calls with BT and Broadband and line rental with UTV - I live in Kilpedder (Newtownmountkennedy Exchange).

Since Friday afternoon, the phone line has been dead. I've had intermittent broadband connectivity. Called support but BT don't have anyone investigating faults during the weekend. The problems ALWAYS develop on Friday afternoons - it's such a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭flaka

Hi,
    I'm in Dublin 6 - can't say its been any different. Though I'm having awful trouble with DNS failing and ping packet loss. I've also noticed any google page even www.google.ie is terrible and usualy have to try twice to get it to load.

I got POd about it and went to trouble of updating the ZyXEL Firmware just cos its not the latest.

You say you have 2Mb - I do to, what results do you get from
    http://www.speedguide.net

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]839 kbps[/FONT] down (~0.84 Mbps, 102 KB/s) ↓
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]104 kbps[/FONT] up (~0.1 Mbps, 13 KB/s) ↑

Details: 2048 KB downloaded in 20 seconds
    250 KB uploaded in 19.625 seconds
    Speed @ 44% of the average for static.tpgi.com.au
    16 times faster than 56k dialup
    Tested on: 2008.01.05 19:24 EST
    Tested from: host-easy.co.uk
    Test ID: I9OGPMDSQGFU
    Browser/OS: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Avant Browser; Avant Browser; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
    Provider: static.tpgi.com.au

Shouldn't this give me 2Mb and not 0.8Mb?

Advertisement