Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

world wide is armament of the public?

• 05-01-2008 7:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or is there a world wide push to see replica, blankfire, de-act and even live fire weapons removed from public hands??

We now live in a time, where the governments of the world seem to ban, licence or prohibit items becacuse they are seen as MIGHT be a danger. Even in this time of "War on terror" we have not seen so many individual liberties lost, even when in the 80`s the UK was under bombings from the IRA. There was not one weapon or caliber banned in the UK during the years of republican murder. Even to this day, in the north of Ireland, semi auto pistols can be licenced. When we in the south lost all but .22 caliber rifles.

We are seeing our rights slowly nibbled away day after day and we say notting.

Laws we were told were anti terror laws or anti drug laws are now been used by the law courts to follow normal law abiding people of the public. Not because they are intent on mass murder but because they have an interest out of the norm (reenactment/collecting). If I feel like getting boozed up and heading to a football pitch to watch my local team play its all good. But God forbid I should should want to re-enact history as I might just be thinking unsound taughts as I run around a field dressed as a WWII service man.

In the UK the home office has made laws to stop people having anything gun or sword shaped unless a member of a licenced collector or reenactment group. Is this the begining of the end for public gun ownership? Cheap over the counter swords are baned from sale to the public. The Irish press has questioned the government here if they plan to do the same, as there has been 2 cases of swords been used here against gardi and firemen.

What has happened to the trust between government and public? All it takes is one nut to distroy someones hobby, when it comes to guns or any type of weapon, that is seen as non PC.

Try it for yourself. Type into your search engine "Country name" and gun laws. All that will come up is restrictive new laws that have been passed on gun ownership.

Sorry for the rant! Chem

Advertisement