Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia E65

• 05-01-2008 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Is the Nokia E65 any good? I want to get a new phone and I'd like one of those new slide ones. If the E65 s crap could anyone recommend a good slide one?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I love the e65. Only thing I don't like about it is the battery life - needs to be charged every day if you use it for anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Battery life is complete ****e but other than that it's not a bad phone !

Like other SYmbian phones the web browser can be unstable from time to time and do expect it to crash randomly...

But not a bad phone. I use it as a second phone for web browsing, email & some calls.

You've not told us much about what you want though beyond a slider phone. What phone do you have now? What features do you want on your new phone? What network are you buying it with? On prepay or billpay? Or SIM free? Any budget?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

not impressed by it, wifi was cool for a day, turned itself off a couple of times, symbian menu is a pain in the rectal region, opera had to be reinstalled twice because it completely froze both times, camera is ok, gave up on it after a month and went back to my old w610i, it's gathering dust in the room now. . .i hope i wasn't too critical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

E65 is geared more towards the business market - battery life isn't half as bad as previous posters said - I get 2-3 days out of mine easily - camera is woefully bad though - if you don't want the wifi and business stuff there are much better sliders out there - best probably being the Sony Ericsson W580i - great little phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

At the moment I have an SE K750i, I like it but the SE interface isn't as smooth as the nokias I've had before. I'm on prepay with O2 at the moment and I would have been getting another upgrade with them but since they changed their "free" credit t&cs so that you have to get €20 a month to get the "free" €10 I won't bother getting that.

I'm willing to spend up to €150 on the new phone, the E95 is €129 with Meteor on their €20/month pay monthly and something similar with 3. I'd probably prefer a prepay, but since everywhere now needs a minimum top-up per month to get the free credit I think I'm better off with a bill phone. So I'm looking at the €20/month price plans with the different networks and so far vodafone is the most expensive for the phone and it's not available on the €20 a month price plan and it's €179 on the next level price plan.

So features I want on the phone: bluetooth (for the car ear piece thing), mp3 ringtones, memory card slot, camera not a big deal but it's with everything anyway, I'm not worried about video, and I want it to look cool! No point in spending over a €100 on something that's look ****e.

Any recommendations on what the best deal could be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

eamon234 wrote: »
    E65 is geared more towards the business market - battery life isn't half as bad as previous posters said - I get 2-3 days out of mine easily - camera is woefully bad though - if you don't want the wifi and business stuff there are much better sliders out there - best probably being the Sony Ericsson W580i - great little phone.

What business stuff is on the phone? The wifi thing could be kind of useful, maybe. Did you ever find the interface of the SE phones to be a bit annoying and slow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

in fairness the K750i is pretty old the interface on SE's is a lot different now and much better than Nokias

Advertisement