Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourate Guitar Hero Game?

Options
  • 05-01-2008 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭

What is your favorite Guitar Hero or Guitar Hero-like game?

Mine would have to be 3, but thats only because it's the only one I've played.

Your Favourite Guitar Hero Game 22 votes

Guitar Hero 1
    0% 0 votes
    Guitar Hero 2
    9% 2 votes
    Guitar Hero 3
    40% 9 votes
    Guitar Hero Rocks the 80's
    50% 11 votes
    Rock Band
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mr.fancypants

guitar hero 2 for me, generally better music me thinks(for a game like this otherwise guitar hero has a beter soundtrack), and is more of a challenge even though guitar hero 3 is impossible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I'm predicting Rock Band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Rock Band by absolute miles, I can't imagine ever even playing guitar hero again. Don't see the point :P With DLC I already have 90 tracks for Rock band and if they keep up the weekly DLC releases I can't see the game ever getting even remotely boring. If you took Rock Band out of the poll, I'd probably say GH II.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Rock Band by absolute miles, I can't imagine ever even playing guitar hero again. Don't see the point :P With DLC I already have 90 tracks for Rock band and if they keep up the weekly DLC releases I can't see the game ever getting even remotely boring. If you took Rock Band out of the poll, I'd probably say GH II.

This isn't me being judgemental, because I'd love to do the same, but between importing and downloading tracks, how much money have you spent on Rock Band??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Guitar Hero 2 is the best, the music in it is much better than in GH3, plus the difficulty of GH3 is off the scale...

• Advertisement

This isn't me being judgemental, because I'd love to do the same, but between importing and downloading tracks, how much money have you spent on Rock Band??

Lol, I'd say around €270, the tracks are pretty reasonable though. I also bought a cheap drumstool and mic stand for about €30 each, so you can put that on top of it it you want lol. It is worth every single penny. I'd spend twice that easily. My mum wants to buy a PS3 just so she can play Rock Band now. Three of my friends are considering getting one again just for Rock Band. And another two buddies who haven't played a video game since the SNES are seriously considering the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Are you able to download tracks?

You just have a seperate American account do you? I thought they were slightly more savvy than that (checking IP or CC details).

I was seriously considering importing this, but I think I can wait, just incase anything breaks and I would rather get the game on 360.

Lol, I'd say around €270, the tracks are pretty reasonable though. I also bought a cheap drumstool and mic stand for about €30 each, so you can put that on top of it it you want lol. It is worth every single penny. I'd spend twice that easily. My mum wants to buy a PS3 just so she can play Rock Band now. Three of my friends are considering getting one again just for Rock Band. And another two buddies who haven't played a video game since the SNES are seriously considering the same.

I want it now..... Green Grass and High Tides foreverrrrrrrr.......

I bought a HDTV a few weeks back so no more spending for a while, but hope to get it when it comes out here! Also, noticed that the DLC is cheaper than Guitar Hero which is always a good thing!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

It'll prolly be Rockband for me (I'm resisting importing it cos I want to play in a band with my mate, and he;s only got a 360. So, I'm waiting.)

But out of the GH games, I think III is getting my vote. I think it's fiendishly hard and I like most of the songs on it. GHII is marked down for having My Chemical Romance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

For difficulty I'd have to say GH3 (some of the tracks are tough to me on Medium!!!) but I loved the song list of GH2...It's a toss up between those two; rarely play 1 though...

🤪

• Advertisement

Are you able to download tracks?

You just have a seperate American account do you? I thought they were slightly more savvy than that (checking IP or CC details).

Luckily I can download the tracks from my US Playstation account, which didn't work at all for me for months then what must have been sheer fluke, decided to work two weeks before I got Rock Band when I decided to try and download a GHIII song pack. So I've got 94 songs for it now including this weeks songs (Yay for The Monkees!) It was leaked that next week they're releasing an Oasis pack with Don't Look Back in Anger, Wonderwall and Live Forever so looking forward to that mainly for nostalgia's sake.

I want it now..... Green Grass and High Tides foreverrrrrrrr.......

I think that's my favourite song in the game. I love playing it on drums and it's great on guitar. I'm 78th on the leadboards for it on drums which I'm well chuffed with considering I hadn't held a pair of drumsticks before I got the game the last week of november :)

I think that's my favourite song in the game. I love playing it on drums and it's great on guitar. I'm 78th on the leadboards for it on drums which I'm well chuffed with considering I hadn't held a pair of drumsticks before I got the game the last week of november :)

Respect!! Doesn't sound like the easiest song in the world to play drums for!!:D

Haven't answered the poll because I haven't played RB yet and barring some huge issue I have with it (who am I kidding, what issue could I have) I can see it being my favourite!

Oh, question, I love Guitar Hero to bits but if I had to complain about one thing in it I'd say the 5.1 support has always been sub-standard. What's it like in RB??

Respect!! Doesn't sound like the easiest song in the world to play drums for!!:D

Haven't answered the poll because I haven't played RB yet and barring some huge issue I have with it (who am I kidding, what issue could I have) I can see it being my favourite!

Oh, question, I love Guitar Hero to bits but if I had to complain about one thing in it I'd say the 5.1 support has always been sub-standard. What's it like in RB??

Ah it's not too bad on drums really, it's the first song I failed on medium though, but once you get used ot it, it's more about endurance than anything else. Absolute blast to play, that and Enter Sandman is great fun on drums.

Well Guitar Hero is dead to me now lol, I just can't go back to playing. I much prefer the Strat controller, though I know some people who don't and can't get used to it. I got used to it pretty fast, and the more resistant, non-click strum feels much more natural and the bigger, flush buttons add to that, as they're almost like piano keyboard keys when you're running up notes it feels much more intuitave.

To be honest I haven't tested it with a 5:1 set-up yet. For shame! Still have to get a proper set up for my PS3. My combined DVD Player/Surround Sound system doesn't have an optical in, so I've never really tested it properly mainly out of sheer laziness! But from what I've been hearing on the Rock Band forums, it sounds like it's pretty good.

Also apparently in the US in June, Gamestop are going to be stocking extra smoke machine and lights peripherals for Rock Band. Which I may laugh at now, but will no doubt end up buying.

And Last Train to Clarksville by The Monkees is surprisingly tough, not super-hard or anything, but harder than you'd expect! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

gh1 for me the tunes in it were AMAZING ever since then each setlist has disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Guitar Hero 3. First 2 or 3 setlists of the game i didn't really like but the rest were great with Pearl Jam,Sonic Youth,Smashing Pumpkins among others.

Guitar Hero 1 had great songs too. Wasn't too impressed with the second game but it had a few good tracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 crunch_n_munch

I'd have to say Guitar Hero 2, because of the song selection.

Bugg wrote: »
    Guitar Hero 3. First 2 or 3 setlists of the game i didn't really like but the rest were great with Pearl Jam,Sonic Youth,Smashing Pumpkins among others.

Guitar Hero 1 had great songs too. Wasn't too impressed with the second game but it had a few good tracks.

I hate Kool Thing. Such a POS.

Cherub Rock is absolutely classic though. Takes me back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Only played 3 so I'll go with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 CrunchMagg

The 2nd one really rocks! First one is a bit lame and 3rd ones ridiculous but i'm addicted!

Advertisement