Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL: Wildcard weekend

Options
  • 05-01-2008 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football

I think Pittsburgh, Seattle, New York and San Diego will win. But betting wise.....

I have to go with the Steelers at the price. I always thought they were much better at home and have that advantage here. Im amazed they are not faves against the Jags. 11/8 with Ladbrokes (who took some money of me earlier).

That is my main bet but i'll also have a small nibble at the Giants. They are packed with talent and gave a good show against the Pats. Plax might have a field day! 4/3 is out there but Lads and Boyles both go 5/4

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

dsmythy wrote: »
    http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football

I think Pittsburgh, Seattle, New York and San Diego will win. But betting wise.....

I have to go with the Steelers at the price. I always thought they were much better at home and have that advantage here. Im amazed they are not faves against the Jags. 11/8 with Ladbrokes (who took some money of me earlier).

That is my main bet but i'll also have a small nibble at the Giants. They are packed with talent and gave a good show against the Pats. Plax might have a field day! 4/3 is out there but Lads and Boyles both go 5/4

Staying clear of NY game as anything can happen there, treble of Seattle Seahawks, San Diego Chargers, Jacksonville Jaguars in the others, though washington could make this a throughly miserable weekend for me. Think the jags are safe enough tho

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

God Pittsburgh! Your killing me. They better give a better display in the second half.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

didn't stay up for the 2nd half but sounds like a good game. Still unsure about new york, really think that game could go either way.

adrian522 wrote: »
    didn't stay up for the 2nd half but sounds like a good game. Still unsure about new york, really think that game could go either way.

Pittsburgh played brilliant in the 2nd but couldn't stop that run (from Garrard of all people) on that 4th down which led to the winning FG. If only! Bookies had the handicap near spot on anyway.

did you take the handicap or straight win?

• Advertisement

Nah i went striaght. I'm not really a fan of backing handicaps of under 4 points. Although i might review that stance!

good call on NY. Fancy them against Dallas next week too :)

Advertisement