Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamertag help

• 05-01-2008 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question,
    I've had my 360 for just over a year now and have ammased a around 7000 gamerscore, however i reccently got live so know i'm wondering if there is any way of transferring by gamertag onto xbox live or will i have to start at 0?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

The gamertag you use on the 360 is the one you use on Live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

No you wont be able to transfer the points Youll have to start again im afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

No you wont be able to transfer the points Youll have to start again im afraid

bugger!
    thanks for the help lads!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Mweelrea wrote: »
    bugger!
    thanks for the help lads!:)

Actually,im not sure.
    When I started (like you) I had an offline account but when I made an online account it transferred all my points to the live one.

Actually,im not sure.
    When I started (like you) I had an offline account but when I made an online account it transferred all my points to the live one.

how did you manage it?
    it keeps asking me to make a new account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

There is a way. Just change your offline profile's name to a name that is available on Live.

Fringe wrote: »
    There is a way. Just change your offline profile's name to a name that is available on Live.

are you sure it will work?
    (if it does i owe you one!:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

it will let you keep the offline gamertag when you connect to live if that name has not been used already. if you find that name is in use then you will have to edit your offline gamertag to one not used and then try to register with live. it is a bit messy in fairness as i had an offline gamertag and had to mess around a few times before i could get one to use. the messy part was that i found when i entered a new gamertag in the registering part of 360 it was creating a new a/c on the 360 rather than changing the existing name so best to logg off altogether, edit profile name then log on and try. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

theres a feature (which you have to pay for) which lets you change your gamer tag, info is on live

so no, you dont have to start from 0

i figured out how to do it

click on edit gamer profile and then select connect to xbox live.
    From there on its starightforward enough all i had to do was change the name to one that wasn't already taken.

Thanks lads for all the help

• Advertisement
Advertisement