Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Short-Term(ish) Parking in Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 05-01-2008 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Anyone know of any car park/place in Dublin City Centre (particularly around the Pearse St. Area) where I could park a car for say a week for a reasonable charge? (i.e not €30-40 per day). It won't be used or need to be moved during this time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

One story I heard in the UK years ago was some guy that pawned his car at the local pawn shop, came back 2 weeks later and paid the loan and got his car back. Cost him next to nothing for free parking for 2 weeks while he was away on holidays knowing his car was secure. Sorry if this isn't any help....just thought it was an amusing story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

just park in a multi story and when you get back say you lost your ticket and youll have to pay from time of opening that day.,

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

vtec wrote: »
    just park in a multi story and when you get back say you lost your ticket and youll have to pay from time of opening that day.,
    That could backfire! :eek: During the night, when the carpark is quiet, a car which has been parked up for a week would be 'known' to the staff/security.

You could approach a car park and ask if they would do special deal for the week.

Jervis Street (not beside Pearse Street though) do a maximum €12 daily charge but I'm not sure if it covers overnights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I know you are looking at city centre options and €12 at Jervis isnt bad but you could look outside the city eg. Whitewater Shopping Centre in Newbridge is only €4 per day + 1 return train ticket (around 30-40mins journey) doesnt work out that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

TheBazman wrote: »
    I know you are looking at city centre options and €12 at Jervis isnt bad but you could look outside the city eg. Whitewater Shopping Centre in Newbridge is only €4 per day + 1 return train ticket (around 30-40mins journey) doesnt work out that bad
    Outside the city is one thing, outside the county is another.

Ring one of the car park operators and negotiate a price. A lot of car parks won't reach capacity over the coming months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭djeclips

When I was working on parnell street the malboro street carpark was charging €50 for the week,Just went to the ticket office and bought a ticket that they printed off and you could use it as many times as you liked over the 7 days.Fantastic value if you ask me.

They've recently renovated it and built a new section so things may have changed or prices gone up. Worth a check though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Place in tallaght as well that is €1.50 per day. The place beside the abberly hotel underneath the new apartments. Hop on the LUAS into town from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭fitzgese

Cheers guys, thanks for the suggestions. That €50 for 7 days deal seems very good, they definitely still do it according to the web site, but there's no price listed, so it may have gone up, I'll have to check.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

That could backfire! :eek: During the night, when the carpark is quiet, a car which has been parked up for a week would be 'known' to the staff/security.

You could approach a car park and ask if they would do special deal for the week.

Jervis Street (not beside Pearse Street though) do a maximum €12 daily charge but I'm not sure if it covers overnights.

they never even see your car when you go up and say you lost your ticket, id imagine loads of people loose them every day., I know someone that occasionally does it to store cars he hasnt got room for.,lol

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

they never even see your car when you go up and say you lost your ticket, id imagine loads of people loose them every day., I know someone that occasionally does it to store cars he hasnt got room for.,lol

Some of the car parking firms do have the lads prowl around the structure at night, and considering the night staff are often the same for quite a while... it could get noticed. If its long-term enough to have dust on it it almost certainly will, that said I've seen dusty cars in the airport and the ILAC in the past few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

All the Q-Parks here have a 7x5 and a 24x7 rate.

I recon Q-parks in Ireland are the same ?

Here you have to go into the Local Q-Park and they'll be able to give you the different rates there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

MYOB wrote: »
    Some of the car parking firms do have the lads prowl around the structure at night, and considering the night staff are often the same for quite a while... it could get noticed. If its long-term enough to have dust on it it almost certainly will, that said I've seen dusty cars in the airport and the ILAC in the past few weeks.

You just need another car and use that ticket.

Advertisement