Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voltage Query

Options
  • 05-01-2008 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭

Ok firstly if anyone can answer this thanks.
    I am going to purchasing a handheld back massager from homedics as my father suffers from shoulder problems. This product is designed to be used in Britain where they have a voltage rating of 230/240V 50Hz frequency. I think in Ireland it is 220V 50Hz frequency. So I am asking would this product be safe to use here in Dublin out of the box or would there be a chance it could burn itself etc. since it was designed to be used on a slightly different voltage. Again thanks for any answers given.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

It will be fine.

The standard voltage here is now, and has been for quite some time, a compromise 230V value. The UK used to be 240V as opposed to our 220V.

In actuality, we find anything from 225 to 238 on average, in new installations. Anything outside this would be relatively uncommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Thanks for the info :)

Advertisement