Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delay question

Options
  • 06-01-2008 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Heres one for you.
    Detroit to Chicago to Dublin, then Dublin to Chicago to Detroit

Friend of mine was due in from Detroit last week. Due in Saturday morning into Dublin. After they arrived at Detroit metro they were informed that because of delays earlier in the day at Chicago their flight was canceled and their flight was gone, they were told to try again the next day. This was due to AA delaying flights earlier in the day and causing a domino effect throughout the entire day. This caused all sorts of chaos as we were booked to fly to the UK for a few days the evening of the day of the arrival. Because of the canceled flight the flight to the UK was out the window as were the hotel bookings. Lost a load of money because of this.

Also today, they were due to flight out of Dublin at 10.30, got to the airport at 7.30 only to find out that the flight had been delayed until 2pm or so. Again, this messed up the entire journey and lifts that were planned for getting home etc.
    This was all American Airlines by the way. Do they have any come back on this or is it just a normal case of a nightmare flight(s).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

If it had been an EI or other European carrier you would have been entitled to claim compensation under the EU regs for the US-IRL leg, as it is a US carrier you are not and it would be down to US regulations whatever they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I would't hold out much hope.

Seems the US flts screwed up because of weather, so thats not looking good.
    Was it weather problems.

The UK trip seems to have been a separate jaunt not in conjunction with the main tickets,so if thats the case, in my opinion, little chance of refund there.

based on your account of events I think it's a hard earned lesson,unfortunately

Advertisement