Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish SPCA

Options
  • 06-01-2008 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Is there any organization similar to American SPCA (Society For The Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) in Ireland?

Don't you think that would be much better to take care over suffering or hurted dog than spending a lot of money for the same dog in the pat shop??

Do you know any Irish organization like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

http://www.ispca.ie/

There are also regional SPCA's - www.dspca.ie, www.galway-spca.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

yep that's the Irish SPCA, and theres also loads of private animal rescues/sanctuaries around Ireland. You can find a list of these on www.irishanimals.ie.

and I agree with you about adopting a dog rather than buying one, definetly! mongrels are brilliant even though I have a purebred now I would love a mongrel (or 10 lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Lovely! Thank you a lot!

How do you think, is Irish SPCA founded by the government?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

As a registered Irish Charity (CHY 5619) the cost of running the National Animal Centre and Inspectorate is met through legacies, donations from the public and fundraising events. With the exception of two grants, one from the Department of Agriculture and Food and one from the Department of the Environment, we receive no other funding from the Government.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Seeing that you are in Galway :D, OP.

www.egar.org :D

• Advertisement

Thx a lot EGAR! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

There are loads of animal rescues not all spcas but are just as hard working. Check out irishanimals.ie for a list of them.

You can also help by donating blankets, food doing fundraisers etc. Don't forget the rescues that deal with horses, goats, donkeys, guineapigs and rabbits and wildlife rescues too.

I always wanted to have raccoon. Hope they have one!

just kiddin' ;)

Advertisement