Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help pound dogs

Options
  • 06-01-2008 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

I hope nobody mind's me posting this but in the Urgent Matters section on the http://petsireland.invisionzone.com board there are dozens of dogs in danger of being killed in a few days through no fault of their own and if anyone could donate even a few euros it might pay for them to get out into a boarding kennels or if anyone could offer to foster a dog. again I hope nobody thinks I'm taking liberties or being cheeky by posting this. :o

ETA: I think you have to register before you can see the Urgent Matters section just incase anyone new to there might not be seeing the Urgent Matters part. :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Bump..... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hel_hev

what way can you donate to that website ... i registered but dont see any links to donate ?

oh, you don't donate to petsireland, you go to the urgent matters section, and you pick a dog(s) and the person that posted the dog's details will have their name & phone numbers etc in their signature and there should be a link to paypal to donate to them. :) if you want the money spent on a specific dog you could reply to the thread saying you donated €x to help the dog or send them a PM I suppose. :)

oh yeah lol, just noticed that myself ...
    also just noticed some baby puppies in the remembering those that couldnt be saved ... its going make me go mad thinking about what happened :(
    the needs help was only 03/01, last thursday ... if only i had seen it sooner ..
    are pups that young pts ?????
    i hav no idea how pounds are run ,
    but babys like that im sure would be taken .. d post was only put up 31/12... only kept for 4 days ... ???

I know I couldn't believe it myself, poor things would have been adopted so fast if they had been given the chance to get a foster home or go to a rescue, we don't know why they were pts though, they may have been sick?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

hel_hev wrote: »
    are pups that young pts ?????

Yes pups are killed just like the rest.

Last August I got a phone call telling me there was a 10 week old Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppy just brought into the pound. The dog was to be A.S.A.P.

Would you believe I got to him as the warden was about to bring him over for killing.

He's out safe now of course, and spoilt rotten in his new home!.

And thats just one of the rewards of taking a rescue dog. Everytime you look at the dog you've grown to love and who loves you with everything in his/her body you know you've saved them from certain death.

Btw, with fosters you save more than one dog as you creat a chain of dogs passing through the pound, into your home and onwards to they're forever homes.

My sis-in-law does alot of rescue/foster and has lots of updated photos sent back to her from homes in Ireland, the UK and Sweden.

Its very rewarding.

kerrysgold wrote: »
    I know I couldn't believe it myself, poor things would have been adopted so fast if they had been given the chance to get a foster home or go to a rescue, we don't know why they were pts though, they may have been sick?

they needed help by 03/01 .. yet someone posted 02/01 (i think someone who works at a shelter).... whats going on there ?

Advertisement