Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions about Polish immigrants

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Most of "dresiarzy" (in Poland) came from towerblock areas in larger cities and they are not polite ) ,but not all of them,sometimes is only choice of clothes (one person like suit another likes dres).
    This is typical dresiarz in Poland :D
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=CMa9jEp4VYM&feature=related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Polish lads don't seem to like tequilla. Was at a party where everyone was skulling shots of vodka like it was apple juice, I brought a bottle of tequilla and of the five lads that downed a shot, three were immediately sick :) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

devil-80 wrote: »

The arms on yer man at 45 seconds! :eek:

Yes its true most polihs ppl prefer something like vodka(40%) or spiritus (about 90%-96% you need to add water and juice or something before U drink that-makes drink;-).

dublindude wrote: »
    The arms on yer man at 45 seconds! :eek:

Nothing special;-)
    Check this
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XPsXPpluURE&feature=related
    its Mariusz Pudzianowski-strongmen
    and this is very popular competion in Poland whitch calls Strongman(below link for pics)
    http://www.bornesulinowo.pl/Galeria/Strong-man/strong.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

We can outdrink them in fairness though :) They can sink alot without passing out compared to some nations, but tend to get more messed up than us on the same amount.

Only the Scots can threaten our world title hopes. Kings among men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭berliner

Immigration is too high into Ireland.nuff said!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

berliner wrote: »
    Immigration is too high into Ireland.nuff said!

Interesting username eitherway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

I like em.

Majority = HAWTTT! Rarrrr.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭berliner

eo980 wrote: »
    Interesting username eitherway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭tomster

Hahahaha, being Polish myself had alot of fun watching this video, the song is great though!!!

F...ckin scumbags deserve to be slagged everytime&everywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

I love Polish people, I think they're the best thing since sliced bread.

They do their country (and their parents) proud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭Diairist

All my sympathies to the families of the 2 Poles who were killed in Drimnagh. Interesting note after the event: organs (of at least one of them) were donated. I've never heard about that in the media reports after a 'gangland' killing here in holy Ireland or after a fatal road accident.

I love Polish people, I think they're the best thing since sliced bread.

They do their country (and their parents) proud.

We are just humans like yourselves. Some are good, some are bad. We eat, drink, have sex, get angry, laugh, get upset or happy.

The only difference I can think of is the language.

Diairist wrote: »
    Interesting note after the event: organs (of at least one of them) were donated. I've never heard about that in the media reports after a 'gangland' killing here in holy Ireland or after a fatal road accident.

Well, these days its fairly uncommon to hear a road accident victims name on the national news, let alone where their organs ended up.

As for gangland, if they are shot to pieces, or if the person was a heavy drink and drug user, the organs may not be in the best state.

Holy Ireland? Is this gonna be another catholic AH thing?

If so, ill get the popcorn and prepare to laugh.

• Advertisement

tomster wrote: »
    We are just humans like yourselves. Some are good, some are bad. We eat, drink, have sex, get angry, laugh, get upset or happy.

Irish people don't have sex. We just talk about it a lot.

Irish people don't have sex. We just talk about it a lot.

Not sure about males but females certainly do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭lizann

There is too many Polish in Ireland

lizann wrote: »

There's no such thing as too many Poles.

Welcome to the global economy dude, get used to it.

What?!!? :confused:

There were too many Irish in the UK at one point, pushing up unemployment, carrying out terrorist attacks and creating a massive burden on the health and welfare services in terms of alcohol related crime/illness and unemployment/sick benefit associated with it.

Thankfully for us the British government was too lazy to do anything about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Nothing special;-)
    Check this
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XPsXPpluURE&feature=related
    its Mariusz Pudzianowski-strongmen
    and this is very popular competion in Poland whitch calls Strongman(below link for pics)
    http://www.bornesulinowo.pl/Galeria/Strong-man/strong.htm

Met this guy in the flesh and he is frigging huge !!!

lizann wrote: »
    And too many Irish everywhere else. Maybe that's what brings imigration figures up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Yesterday my friends brother got robbed and stabbed by two polish dudes.. Murder in Poland is ten times higher per person.

Obviously they have problems in their own country, you can't just let anyone in. As always it's a minority but it's a higher minority than we have here. We have enough problems of our own without dealing with other countries problems

grasshopa wrote: »
    Yesterday my friends brother got robbed and stabbed by two polish dudes..

Hmm, maybe the attackers were brothers of those lads murdered by bunch of irish children just playing with the screwdrivers...

BTW: What did they robe? My 15 years old sister in law was here on 2 weeks holidays, when she got beaten up and robbed (mobile and 20 euro) on Summerhill - on her way to town. 4pm, Saturday. Again - by Irish children.

Wouldn't highlight nationality (usually calling them just scumbags) but you did, so I'm assuming it's kinda important for you...?
    Murder in Poland is ten times higher per person.

Won't say "no", but to see official figures could actually be interesting.
    Obviously they have problems in their own country, you can't just let anyone in. As always it's a minority but it's a higher minority than we have here. We have enough problems of our own without dealing with other countries problems

Agree... No entry for more scumbags. The Irish ones are doing just fine. No need to get more competitors.

PS: 8 for 10 of me mates are Irish. I have no problem with Irish people, I really like and respect them. But if you wanna read a few words of truth in relation to this "immigration topic" ****e - no bother. And no offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

Yesterday my friends brother got robbed and stabbed by two polish dudes.

How do you know they were polish? Is your friend's brother one of these people who can guess nationality just by looking at someone?

And, let's assume they were polish - so what? All it proves is that there are polish criminals here, hardly a revelation. Depends where you check, there is between 60000 and 200000 poles here, obviously there will be some bad apples between them.
    Murder in Poland is ten times higher per person.

Do you have a source for that? Because if you'll check this website - http://www.nationmaster.com/index.php your will find that you claim is incorrect. You will also find that common assault rate is much higher in Ireland that in Poland.

ojewriej wrote: »
    How do you know they were polish? Is your friend's brother one of these people who can guess nationality just by looking at someone?

Or an educated guess perhaps? Generally I find people from the Baltic states and Slovakia (really the only other EE areas with a significant population here, apart from the Romanians) to look slightly different from Poles.

Ok, lets see some facts.

Murders (per capita):

Poland 0.0562789 per 1,000 people
    Ireland 0.00946215 per 1,000 people

5.94 times more.

It's not great though... To be absolutely honest and fair: it's crap!!!

But it's still not 10 times more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Raspberry

Polish guys are generally hotter than Irish guys which is why I welcome them. More Poles in Ireland ftw.

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    Or an educated guess perhaps? Generally I find people from the Baltic states and Slovakia (really the only other EE areas with a significant population here, apart from the Romanians) to look slightly different from Poles.

This might be true to a certain extent, but it's easy to make a mistake, mainly due to huge population movements around the WWII. I have good few Latvian, Lithuanian and Czech friends who are often being mistaken for poles. Which they hate by the way.

Also, poeple often say, I know they were polish coz they were saying kurva a lot. What they don't know is that kurva exists in practically all EE languages, they might not use it as often, but they do use it.

Anyway, it's beside the point really, I'm not saying that poles aren't causing trouble here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Unaton

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    The Baltic people are quite tall and fair in general. Well at least the ones I know are. Also their respective languages have nothing in common with Polish, Russian, Slovakian etc. Totally different people. I find the Latvian and Estonian folk the nicest. Was talking to this Latvian guy whose gf is living in Riga, Latvia. She says that there are thousands of Polish, Hungarian and Lithuanian people working there, mainly in the building sector.

They don't see that as a problem as their economy is growing. They simply need these foreign workers to keep up with the industry demands.

So, no, I don't see why Polish people would be 'an inconvenience' here. 99% of them are great people, have never had any problems. Sure there will always be some idiots but they ain't much different from the scumbags here. Just gotta deal with them somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I think the Poles are here long enough for people to know one when they see one. It's not just appearance. Its a combination of that and clothes they're wearing, the fact they are speaking Polish, even accents. Of course you still can't predict with 100% accuracy but you can sometimes be certain it was a Polish guy you were talking to.

How's about 4 million? 6 million?

There's always too much of something. The current levels are generally ok given many will return either home or to pastures anew.

dsmythy wrote: »
    I think the Poles are here long enough for people to know one when they see one. It's not just appearance. Its a combination of that and clothes they're wearing, the fact they are speaking Polish, even accents. Of course you still can't predict with 100% accuracy but you can sometimes be certain it was a Polish guy you were talking to.

That's fair enough, i agree, but I still think people should be careful saying things like "two polish dudes robbed my friends brother", implying that it's a fact, when really it's just a guess, no matter how educated it is.

ojewriej wrote: »
    That's fair enough, i agree, but I still think people should be careful saying things like "two polish dudes robbed my friends brother", implying that it's a fact, when really it's just a guess, no matter how educated it is.

True. I don't think his story is true anyway. Surely someone getting robbed and stabbed would make some sort of news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lenina

Yesterday my friends brother got robbed and stabbed by two polish dudes..

Did he survive the attack?

To previous poster, yes he survived the attack.
    tomster wrote: »
    Hmm, maybe the attackers were brothers of those lads murdered by bunch of irish children just playing with the screwdrivers...

I'm not suggesting otherwise, it was just a pretext to what I was saying. I wasn't trying to take one case and make it the decisive one.

It's a small minority as always, I do generally like polish people, but letting anyone travel to any country in europe, regardless of the amount of criminal convictions they have is a mistake. There's no way to screen these people and you can't kick them out no matter what they've done (To the best of my understanding anyway). You'd want to be blind not to see that we're not ready for this 'one giant europe' crap.

tomster wrote:
    Won't say "no", but to see official figures could actually be interesting.

Took this from a previous thread where someone posted figures, sorry should have checked it. Here's the only source I can find on this: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_percap-crime-murders-per-capita , which says it's about 5 times higher.

tomster wrote:
    Agree... No entry for more scumbags. The Irish ones are doing just fine. No need to get more competitors.

That's just stupid....

To previous poster, yes he survived the attack.

You still didn't say how do you know that the lads who robbed him were polish?

Took this from a previous thread where someone posted figures, sorry should have checked it. Here's the only source I can find on this: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_percap-crime-murders-per-capita , which says it's about 5 times higher.

So the difference is almost as high as the difference between the assaults in Poland and Ireland - only assaults are more common here. I think it's safe to assume that we are more likely to be a victim of an assault rather than murder, so i'd worry about that more.

How should I know... I wasn't there. Maybe he wasn't polish, maybe he was latvian, but we're essentially talking about the same thing

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The Chinese Polish. A great bunch of lads!

• Advertisement

I'm not suggesting otherwise, it was just a pretext to what I was saying. I wasn't trying to take one case and make it the decisive one.
    It's a small minority as always, I do generally like polish people, but letting anyone travel to any country in europe, regardless of the amount of criminal convictions they have is a mistake. There's no way to screen these people and you can't kick them out no matter what they've done (To the best of my understanding anyway). You'd want to be blind not to see that we're not ready for this 'one giant europe' crap.
    True. Generally agree that criminals and scums should be under total control that EU isn't able to provide at the moment. Would you imagine, but I'm afraid I can also be a victim of a polish scumbag as well as the irish, spanish or lithuanian one... I don't really defend them. But higlighting nationalities may give us the wrong points and hurt many innocent people, just because they were unlucky enough to come from the same land.

Basically IMO scumbags and criminals are just scumbags and criminals, no matter what country they come from.

Which is exactly what I posted a few posts before. Having 5 cans isn't the same as having 10, is it?
    That's just stupid....
    I understand you dissagree with me and all drugs, shootings, stolen and torched cars, riots are rather EE's fault?

That's all from me, I don't want this conversation go to the wrong direction.

All the best for you, decent Irish people, happy Easter and God bless you and your families!

tomster wrote:
    I understand you dissagree with me and all drugs, shootings, stolen and torched cars, riots are rather EE's fault?

That's not even twisting my words, it's putting words in my mouth.
    tomster wrote:

Edit: Picked this up as sarcasm but realise now I may have read it wrong

I was careless with my words earlier, I'm not the only one who habitually uses "Polish" to refer to eastern europeans in general. Bad habit.

I was careless with my words earlier, I'm not the only one who habitually uses "Polish" to refer to eastern europeans in general. Bad habit.

Thanks, that was the point I was trying to make.

Anyway, I don't think quoting crime stats is the way to go either. They can be very misleading, and quite easily doctored to promote a certain point of view. Plus methodology differs from country to country, i.e. assault resulting in death would be classified as murder in Ireland, but as an assault in Poland.

Obviously poles commit crimes here, but I don't really think that on average we do it any more than Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TEH REAL CDP

Just saw this thread here as my posting on the boards is fairly sporadic and seasonal...

I like the polish crew. I have to say, the best scientists I have met so far in my career have been polish. Highly trained and not afraid to impart their knowledge in my line of work anyway, good craic and generally a bit of fun. I would class them as highly intelligent, underrated (in Ireland) and up for the craic.

Obviously there are a few scumbags but I don't think we can label an entire population for that. Ireland has scum to compete with the best of anyones imo. I cant stand our country anymore.

Thats just my 2c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I've met quite a few polish people over here, never had a single problem with them. They are very hard workers and very honest. One of them is actually a really good friend, he was very cold at first but that was because of his fears that irish people would hate him for having a job and doing well.. Its a shame they dont mix with other communities though, but i can understand why they dont, as Ireland as a whole is a very closed minded country, especially in the older generations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Filthy Rides

• Advertisement

Filthy Rides

Well, funderland is not exactly clean either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

a bloke came up to me asking me for a light the other day. he didnt speak, just gestured for a light. He assumed i was polish. he was irish...so am i.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

The_B_Man wrote: »
    a bloke came up to me asking me for a light the other day. he didnt speak, just gestured for a light. He assumed i was polish. he was irish...so am i.

Did he not speak because he thought you were Polish? Does he realise that most Polish people can speak English? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Theres arse holes of all races no point in pigeon holing arse holes.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 m.arty

I don't think so Its great life like you wrote-when you came in Ireland U need to live without your parents,family ,friends etc. -that's you call great life?? I think that's is not good accommodation when u need share house with other strange ppl.And about wages-it depends of your profession (for example shop assistant in Poland can earn about 500€ but the cost of living are less expensive like in Ireland,besides few things (petrol-almost the same price like in Ireland,cost of houses-almost the same sometimes even most expensive in big city and maybe few others)).But one its true even if i have minimal wage in Ireland i can live better like in Poland for average salary-its sad true,but maybe after 10 yrs will be better in my country.

Did you ever try to live earning 500 euro per month? I was earning 500 as account manager!! I was living with 2 other girls in 2 room flat with one bathroom and small kitchen. Here I'm working as an administrator in the office, I rent house and have my own ensuite room. I can aford beter life, I pay for my godson's english classes (he lives in Poland and his parents can't afford private lesons). I would not come back to Poland to earn 500 again for being manager, working overhours and satudays without additional pay. No way.
    Maybe you would like to try live for 500 euro?

• Advertisement
Advertisement