Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions about Polish immigrants

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Anarking

Racial stereotypes also go the other way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

Moonbaby wrote: »
    And I still haven't a Polish manfriend.
    I'm blaming you personally!

Hm, i don't know where are you going wrong.

Do you have any plough experience?

ojewriej wrote: »
    Hm, i don't know where are you going wrong.

Do you have any plough experience?

Yes....and still no luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 BrthzDublin

Hi All.

Just readed previous pages and seen that mostly Irish peoples don't know too much about lads from Poland.

They are really workin hard,but used to be live like in their country.Employers don't want to keep lazy bustards on the floor or wherever.Job must be done fully in good time with precision,so they are showing same experience over here with hope to get good money..They don't.Why?
    Some irish peoples are thinking they're like robocops or somethin?
    If we have to beside need to say one-polish lads were builded new Ireland in 75%,but mostly they were worked on construction sites..for less than Irish.Why?Non-domestic?Can't understand that,sorry.

Other thing.Business situations need to be sorted with good level of english,know that.About half of them came here to just earn the money and then come back home to make better life.That was a good idea 2yrs ago.
    Now the polish currency is gettin higher than never before,so is like 1/3 to Euro,but was 1/4..that is givin really difference for them..There nothin in the country changed to be better but some stupids talkin about higher rates,so greddy guys coming back with hope to be rich:confused:
    Except them.

Know the peoples who came here not for savin a few euro and return..they came here to live like u,like u gone to usa to live better.
    Anyway situation in Poland is crapp,there is no reason to come back for'em.They'll be back in couple of months.

Some lads are scared,but construction sites were like power of conutry and now not too many lads want to buy new houses ,so u makin a reduncy..They know that will be higher rate of unemployed,so after can follow the racism that 'u were taken our jobs u polish..' or somethin for example.

I'm a proud polish man but came in here to live.Don't like to work for any others.Liked to open own business but now like freezed and watchin situation,but as i heard the minimum wage has to changed like from 8.30e to 7.30..that will be worst..Market can fall down a bit after construction colapse over here and rest of things can follow.Was heard as well that social benefits,actually some of them has to taken from imigrants but that is wast of maney for u?!:confused:

Anyway,please don't take anythin wrong and personally.

Any question,be happy to answer.
    Regards
    Bart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

I know a couple of Polish mechanics, dead on guys, and they do a decent job.

True,but try to make vision of them after a small market collapse in ireland..Many of them gonna stay?
    can u see that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

but as i heard the minimum wage has to changed like from 8.30e to 7.30..that will be worst.
    Never going to happen. Thats the Small Firms Association (read pubs and restauranteurs) trying to make bank on rumblings of a recession. I employ quite a few people and I would be completely opposed to any reduction in minimum wage, you'd almost get as much on the dole if you include rent allowance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

I think myself that there is way to much polish in the country but blame that on the fools in the dail rather than the polish themselves.As a people they are nice and ive got no problems with them whatsoever.

Take it easy.Some of them are leaving now or in next few months.Who wanted to earn over here from 2003 now should be happy enough and coming back home like lots of guys without and clue about english language but were workin on buildlings and complain' 'not too much i have' etc..never enough for some of them.Leave them.Who wants to stay that will do that and nicely try to accomodate with ur peoples.I'm a friendly for u but don't have any irish friend..don't know how..proabably too busy to make relations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭david_the_great

ii think polish are fine- what i cant stand is ppl you work with that dont understand you- dont speak our language and get annoyed when you cant understand their certain words.. one thing that annoyed me in my last job was when a romanian was arguing with me over an illuminous yellow pen- he decided the pronunciation was "green" and had a go at me for trying to take the piss- i must have had twenty ppl say it was yellow and he still argued it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭david_the_great

another thing aswell is that if we had a really crap economy (which we once did) we would go to england and send money home- but when the tables turn its "unnacceptable"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

David, I think it's the employers fault as they are hiring people with no language... If they wouldn't hire them, people with no language wouldn't come if they knew that there's no chance for getting job..

Fully respect.Everyone had a chance to get some money from 2003 when we 're joined EU,also to learn english & work over here.Some of us done that really great and some know just few word incl.mostly slung.
    See myself.Came over here 2006,knew just few words like hi,thanks etc.simle to use.Was get used in work,my luck but worked all the time with irish guys and talked between,so that was a grat lesson to talk wit u.Know slung and some of accents over here.Like it more than british english.
    Now will be better to sort some of less-social lads..Non-english,non-effective etc.Then u will see who gonna stay.
    Past two years since when i came here,came also lads from polish slums,past prisioners etc.They made a bit sh**ty opinion about us...Was heard not once.
    Other,but really thing i'm gettin crazy wit some of employers over here.Whay they don't recognise our qualifications like diplomas and similiar?
    Check as u can whos workin as cleaners from poland here.Give u my guarentee that about 70% were finished studies.That is sad.

Check as u can whos workin as cleaners from poland here.Give u my guarentee that about 70% were finished studies.That is sad.
    True. Ireland has the most intelligent physical labors in the world.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Anyone who has an opinion of a race, based on a personal experience with a person of said race, is an idiot.

• Advertisement

Now how can u mean it?

intelligent labour

it's a bit sad,but peoples wasted yrs to educate with hope to be on good position and now workin as pigs...

I'm not a racist but don't like lads from nigeria.They're .. different than everthin.Was called by them polish racist after rang clampers,but they're used my own parkin without any excuse and i told them to get the car for their own.They're meant i'm sayin bulls*it so showed them once..They're my neighbour and don't care that u sleep or whatever u want to do at night.
    Got them in work,were reported my oficially and said that what i haven't actually said..is it apartheid?

Immigrants from Africa/China/Pakistan is different story.....

Never had bad things wit Indians and Chineese.Just 3world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I only knew one polish person on a social level and she was drop dead gorgeous. She was also really friendly. Can't say I've had problems with anyone from Poland. And even if I did, I doubt it would be attributed to them being from Poland.

• Advertisement

That's not reason to mixing ppls by nationality..that is bad but is from ... ant that good but from..There's no way i think.Just be socially-arranged with anyone who likes to be friendly.
    ame is anywhere.1 for 10 must be idiot.doesn't matter where is he from.

I'm not a racist but don't like lads from nigeria.They're .. different than everthin.Was called by them polish racist after rang clampers,but they're used my own parkin without any excuse and i told them to get the car for their own.They're meant i'm sayin bulls*it so showed them once..They're my neighbour and don't care that u sleep or whatever u want to do at night.
    Got them in work,were reported my oficially and said that what i haven't actually said..is it apartheid?

I'm not a racist but i dont like lads from Nigeria....i stopped reading right there:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭teetotaller

Other,but really thing i'm gettin crazy wit some of employers over here.Whay they don't recognise our qualifications like diplomas and similiar?
    I don't agree with you

Key to be succesfull emploee is more than communicative language.
    I've never had any problems with diploma and qualifications recognition. If your language is good enough to talk about your studies/ courses etc. there shouldn't be any problem to get a job u want.

I started here as general operative on construction site, after I finished some language courses I changed job(s) and work in IT. During Interview I've never heard that I have any strange qualifications, or that I need to go to college again.

gixerfixer wrote: »
    I'm not a racist but i dont like lads from Nigeria....i stopped reading right there:rolleyes:

so why don't ya read the rest.Really big difference between european and them by kinda livin.

I'm no sayin that i have problems with my certs,but about rest.
    Anyway workin in other industry than educated,but i'm a mechatronic technician and workin on reception as security officer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

The polish are great, don't have any problem with them. Hard workers sound down to earth people. :D

so why don't ya read the rest.Really big difference between european and them by kinda livin.

I'm no sayin that i have problems with my certs,but about rest.
    Anyway workin in other industry than educated,but i'm a mechatronic technician and workin on reception as security officer.

So what? Im qualifed in my field and cant get a job because of cheap eastern european workers working for less.Doesnt mean i have a right to dislike a whole race of people just because i cant get a job

So what? Im qualifed in my field and cant get a job because of cheap eastern european workers working for less.Doesnt mean i have a right to dislike a whole race of people just because i cant get a job

I haven't wrote that all 2gether as u see so 2nd part was for man bellow.
    How d u mean 'cheap eastern european workers working for less' ?
    Myself not feelin like to be cheap labour.
    I haven't call anyone as u see by race name or some.Just said my opinion about them.Free talkin as we know,so don't look for more mistakes.

P.S.Read more carefully - even writed,haven't mixed thing like race of ppls and problems with jobs.

I haven't wrote that all 2gether as u see so 2nd part was for man bellow.
    How d u mean 'cheap eastern european workers working for less' ?
    Myself not feelin like to be cheap labour.
    I haven't call anyone as u see by race name or some.Just said my opinion about them.Free talkin as we know,so don't look for more mistakes.

P.S.Read more carefully - even writed,haven't mixed thing like race of ppls and problems with jobs.

Your post makes no sense whatsoever friend.:rolleyes: You said your not a racist but dont like Nigerian people...LOL. Have you any idea how thick that sounds.Go back to your KKK meeting and stop talking nonsense.

Ok,thanks for ur suggestion.Pls,leave this thread with ur point of view.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

i work with a few, ok, they not polish but one of those former east of the wall countries lol and they are all soo nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I work in a factory which has a very high number of eastern europeans (>70%), my new supervisor is polish and he is just in the door a year! But tbh, he's a sound man and a really good and fair supervisor. Some seem very ambitious and more power to them really, I'm here 8 years and still sitting on my ar$e :D. You sould see some of the women I have the pleasure to work with though, really hot women :D!. 99% of them (you have a few singles) are all married though very young, what a shame :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I like them as they have the same mentality towards drink and having a good time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

Before I left Ireland I had a high esteem of Polish workers, now that I live in east Asia even more so!

First up, It simply has to be said that no other ethic or national group within Europe is closer to our outlook on life then the Polish not counting the Welsh, Scottish or English. Hands down they are closer to us then any other Eu nationality. Soupy norman proves this :D

Second of all, Living in Korea, it's the retarded nationalism and pathetic immature arguing of the Asian states that reafirms my belife that we in the European states work so much better together. This is not some simple wishywashy hippie sentiment, but just that based on what I have seen and continue to see is that our sense of cooperation in Europe benefits us to such a large degree, something that the East Asians can't comprehend!

Good thing too! Were the Asians to get their **** together, life would be far tougher for us.

We see the costs and the drawbacks of closer integration with other countrys, but all I can say is that the costs of isolationism are far higher IMO. Once you see things from another place, the negatives we are experiancing ain't so bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

lol.

So you`re not racist.

Do you like most Roma gypsies you have met?
    Or Irish travellers?

While Ive no problem with most Nigerians Ive met, from working in the service industry, and from my experience on buses, a larger proportion of them are rude. Id reckon maybe a quarter of them in my old restaurent job would bark orders and not say thanks.

Of course, a quarter isnt a majority, but it is alot higher than other nationalities.

End point: quit talking out of your arse about things you know nothing about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

we would be fcoked without the polish! can you imagine tables/chairs with a rough unfinished surface? even floors... we NEED polish!

You Suck! wrote: »
    Before I left Ireland I had a high esteem of Polish workers, now that I live in east Asia even more so!

First up, It simply has to be said that no other ethic or national group within Europe is closer to our outlook on life then the Polish not counting the Welsh, Scottish or English. Hands down they are closer to us then any other Eu nationality. Soupy norman proves this :D

Second of all, Living in Korea, it's the retarded nationalism and pathetic immature arguing of the Asian states that reafirms my belife that we in the European states work so much better together. This is not some simple wishywashy hippie sentiment, but just that based on what I have seen and continue to see is that our sense of cooperation in Europe benefits us to such a large degree, something that the East Asians can't comprehend!

Good thing too! Were the Asians to get their **** together, life would be far tougher for us.

We see the costs and the drawbacks of closer integration with other countrys, but all I can say is that the costs of isolationism are far higher IMO. Once you see things from another place, the negatives we are experiancing ain't so bad!
    Absolutely agree with you. Great post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

Dont forget to use a damp cloth to wet the wood down after sanding before you polish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

flanum wrote: »
    Dont forget to use a damp cloth to wet the wood down after sanding before you polish!

It was funnier on one foot in the grave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Just back from two weeks in poland, one week in Jelenia Gora (interesting place) and one between krakow and zakopane. Great place and great people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Some are hard working, some are not. Some of the girls are pretty, some are not. Some are lovely, some are pr1cks. Some have a sense of humour, some do not. It's almost like they're an entire race made up of individuals.:rolleyes::D

Advertisement