Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Request for Recommendations

Options
  • 06-01-2008 2:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all,

It's a pleasure to finally post here. Sorry to bother you all with yet another request for recommendations but I've just finished Death Note (for the second time) and urgently need distraction from my sorrow. Otherwise I'll just start it over and never leave the house, ever again.

Anyway, as you may have gathered, I love anime along the lines of Death Note (amazing, just amazing, although it died a bit for me after a certain point). Also loved Evangelion. Looking for thought-provoking, clever mind-benders really.

I'm able and happy to watch gore but not violence for it's own sake (I'm not a wuss. No really, just get easily bored). And cute usually annoys me. But open to suggestions.

Worried that I'm being a bit exacting on my first post here. Sorry if I am! Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Koshka

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Have you seen Ergo Proxy? Its a very clever anime with an excellent style. Its a little more grown up than Death Note.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Kosh-ka

Will give it a go. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Paranoia Agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Kosh-ka wrote: »
    Looking for thought-provoking, clever mind-benders really.

Another vote for Ergo Proxy... It sounds just right for you

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

If you like a good mind fooking then Paranoia Agent is an excellent series to watch. There's violence in it but, it's not for violence' sake. Some great characters in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Kosh-ka

Watching Ergo Proxy now and really enjoying it. Thanks. Will give Paranoia Agent a go afterwards. Thanks for the suggestions. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Check out Welcome to the NHK too. I just watched it over the past few days, and it was absolutely fantastic. Just be sure to watch the subbed version though, as the trailers I've seen for the english dub might as well be for a different anime altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Death Note goes to **** pretty quickly, after a strong opening. 13 episodes would have been plenty. Anyway, recommendations;

Intial D
    Black Lagoon
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya(this is terrific)
    Full Metal Panic(ditto)
    Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
    Captain Harlock(if you can find it)
    Slayers
    FLCL

thats all for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Death Note goes to **** pretty quickly, after a strong opening. 13 episodes would have been plenty. Anyway, recommendations;

Although i haven't watched all of deathnote (on episode 30 or there abouts) i did notice that it did went downhill after
    When L Dies
    . Its still a great watch though. I second to watch Full Metal Panic! and i would also recommend you give Gungrave a watch.

Advertisement