Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Current Floorfillas? Dance, chart and Rap

• 06-01-2008 3:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I'm getting back into djing after about two years absent.
    It's in a pub that plays the above genres, can people give me some advice please about big and newish tunes to guarantee to get the place going in case my old tried tunes don't work, so that I don't bomb on the night . . .

Thanks In Advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I'm afraid i cant help you with chart music as im not into it and im not up to date on the Hip Hop scene (try the Hip Hop forum on Boards) what type of dance is it your looking to know about, ie-House, Techno,etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Prefabsprouter

Hammy, first of all the BBC Radio 1 website does a pretty good set of charts to let you know whats out there. The punters I deal with all ask for chart music so the following is one or two of what I am asked to play (Nobody shout at me, its the punters requests):
    Chart
    Timbaland - The way I are
    Timbaland - Apologise
    Fedde le Grand - Let me think about it
    Samim - Heater
    Rihanna - Please dont stop the music
    Justin Timberlake - Love Stoned
    Peter, Paul and Bjorn - Young Folks
    Journey - Dont stop believing
    Mark Ronson feat Amy Winehouse - Valerie
    (The Last two are essentials for a chart crowd)

Most of those have been out a little while but its a start!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

joe dolan 'such a good lookin woman'.....surely someone has done a dancemix ala journey?

what are your tried tunes by the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭hammy140

Tried Tunes over the years at the Catwalk

Dr Bob Jones - More I want
    Romanthony - Make this love right
    Mood 2 Swing - All Night Long
    Kerri Chandler - Atmosphere
    Tom Novy- I rock
    Kaycee-Sunshine
    Billy Ray Martin - Honey
    Mario Piu-All I need

To name but a few!

Johnny, It'd be house I;d like to play building up to faster temp dancey stuff, then a bit of charty hiphop to keep the manager off my back, then back the funkiest of house, just check out the top five tunes up above!

Used to make my own synergies also using Acid Pro, this one went down a storm, press play on the flash video,
    http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=5376284701

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭hammy140

Good chart I used to use, will come in handy again!

Good mixture of clubby house and trance

http://www.dancedirectory.it/html/clubchart.asp

• Advertisement
Advertisement