Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about my new Garmin

• 06-01-2008 3:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello. I got the Garmin StreetPilot c340 for Christmas and so far I love it. I've registered my unit and I'm confused about MapSource and unlock codes. What does this mean? Do I have to buy maps and codes to get updated maps? Also, I tried to enter a friends address and it said it couldn't be found. Its a somewhat new subdivision, but it shows up on Google Maps. How often do the maps get updated?

Thanks,
    confused in Chicago

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I know when I got my Garmin Nuvi 310 last year it came with an little yellow sheet of paper and down at the bottom of this sheet was the unlock codes which you need to put in on the www to unlock all the extra maps to your device.HTH

Advertisement