Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackberry email help

• 06-01-2008 5:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

I'm looking to retrieve email on a blackberry using the mobile gmail application via vodafone live instead me using the conventional auto retrieve via vodafone isp ,2 Q's

1. How do i turn off the auto retrieve function , so it doesn't download emails automatically via vodafone isp ?
    2. How do i ensure the g mail app's access point is vodafone live ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Is there any reason you are using the app on the Blackberry?
    You could add your gmail account to your list of accounts and as gmail uses IMAP, its basically instant push to your Blackberry. I added my gmail account to my Berry the other night and very impressed with how quick it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Mr Woods

Cheers Whisht . . . . . .It's not for me it's my brother's phone, the reason he's changing is that the 50 MB email add on with vodafone is 20 euro per month, plus he pays 9.99 euro for mobile internet via vf live. By using the g mail app via vf live he only pays 9.99 euro per month for vf live , and saves 240 euro per year :)

All that aside :), how does he turn off the auto retrieve ,so he only recieves emails by using the g mail app and how does he ensure vf live is the access point for g mail app ?

Advertisement