Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€20 per month price plans. Who's the best?

• 06-01-2008 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Which mobile phone company has the best deal for their €20 a month price plan?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Three do, but they suck ass.

Meteor give you 60 mins, 30 texts and free calls to any network all day Saturday.

O2 give you 40 minutes and 50 texts, but they have an off peak tariff which gives you 150 off peak minutes and 50 texts.

Vodafone give you 50 minutes and 50 texts.

Three give you 100 minutes but if you have any problems, good luck to you. Their customer care is dire.

Really depends on what you're looking for. O2 do have a texting option too if you just text, plus you can still get free Meteor to Meteor texts and 5c Meteor calls if you ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

What's Meteor's reception like now? I had them a few years ago and it really wasn't the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

Their reception is perfect for me all over Dublin/Wexford. I am on their €20 and my bill never exceeds €27. I left o2 last year and am glad I did.

Go for it

**Edit** Just noticed your in Cork, have a look at their coverage map but you should be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

I'm on Three , 200 mins for 29 yoyos.I find it great.Also got broadband and text addons. 49 yoyos in total and I'mm well happy with it.Nokia N95 btw...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

on three with 100minutes for €19/month and coverage is usually faultless for calls texts mms but internet can be precarious at times. cheap calls texts and customer care is diabolical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

On 3, 200 mins for €29. My3 is really good for keeping an eye on your bill.

O2:
    €20/month. 40 anytime minutes. 50 texts.
    Nokia E65 €269
    SE W580 €149
    SE W910 €379

Meteor:
    €20/month. 60 anytime minutes. 30 texts. Free calls all day Saturday to any Irish phone.
    Nokia E65 €129
    SE W580 €49
    Samsung U600 €49

3:
    €19/month. 100 anytime minutes.
    Nokia E65 €199
    Nokia 6500 €199
    Nokia 6288 €99
    LG Shine €149
    SE W910 €200ish when it comes out.

Vodafone:
    Nokia E65 not available on €20/month price plan
    wouldn't answer the phone.

I made a few phone calls yesterday evening. And I don't think I'll be staying with O2, way too expensive.

I think meteor might have the best deal.

What's meteor like for seeing your bill during the month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

Recon wrote: »
    What's meteor like for seeing your bill during the month?
    What about the best Speakeasy options? I'm with 02 for years, the kids are Meteor and keep asking me to change. Is it a better option - opinions please

RAFC wrote: »
    What about the best Speakeasy options? I'm with 02 for years, the kids are Meteor and keep asking me to change. Is it a better option - opinions please

You mean the pay as you go?

I have that now and have had it for 6 or 7 years, maybe more. But they recently changed the T&Cs of getting the free credit when you upgrade. Now you have to spend €20 every month to get the "free" €10.

• Advertisement
Advertisement