Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Superbowl Night

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Trampas

Heading to Kilkenny to watch the game.

My mate is having a superbowl party.

Entry is you must wear a college/nfl jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭JJ

I drove past the Portobello pub recently and they're advertising a Super Bowl party. I was there a few years ago and found about 2/3 of the people there weren't there for the Super Bowl. They did show the game until the very end thouh. They do seem to be making a bigger deal out of it this year so there will probably be more football fans there.

I remember back in the bad old days the All American Sports café, now the Hard Rock Café, showed the 9pm (our time) game that was on Sky Sports but they would close at around 11pm so I only got a chance to watch the first half. I did go to see the Super Bowl there the last time the Giants made it to a big game and they charged £10 (I think it was) entry to cover the late license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

JJ wrote: »
    I drove past the Portobello pub recently and they're advertising a Super Bowl party. I was there a few years ago and found about 2/3 of the people there weren't there for the Super Bowl. They did show the game until the very end thouh. They do seem to be making a bigger deal out of it this year so there will probably be more football fans there.

I remember back in the bad old days the All American Sports café, now the Hard Rock Café, showed the 9pm (our time) game that was on Sky Sports but they would close at around 11pm so I only got a chance to watch the first half. I did go to see the Super Bowl there the last time the Giants made it to a big game and they charged £10 (I think it was) entry to cover the late license.

Hard Rock doing same this year €10 in and it includes your first drink and finger foodand showing the whole game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭monaghanbiffo

portobello was very good craic last year. well anywhere is when you have a bet that the opening kick will be returned for a TD!!!!!!!!!

But back on topic, it was free in TVs everywhere upstairs and downstairs. they were also selling hotdogs and weird cocktails, lond island ice teas etc!

I intend heading back there this year and lets hope for a belter of a game!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sports guy

I am going to McSorleys in Ranelagh. I was there last year and it was Awseome. They brought a hot dog guy in from the street and he was selling them in the pub and they stayed open until the end. I noticed that there poster said that this year they will be raffling an i pod at 1/2 time. There was a group of hot American student chicks there last year too. I'm definetely going to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DiscoHugh

My brother tells me that crowe s (near the american embassy) shows it for all the embassy workers. havent been myself. probably the woolshed or ranelagh judging by you guys' reports....\

GO PATS!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭free2fly

Went to the Woolshed to watch the Pats and Miami when I was in Dublin last month. It was great fun. If I was in Dublin I'd watch it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 canco

I went to see it in UCD last year, they had a poker tournament, madden tournament, €3 pints. All to be repeated this year...

To be cancelled at the last minute, be warned!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DiscoHugh

well crowe s arent showing it.

Guess Ill try mcsorleys as my mate bailed on me so I couldnt be arsed dragging myself into the woolshed on my tobler.

Might end up watching it at home alone :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement