Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog barking constantly in neighbourhood

Options
  • 06-01-2008 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Since I moved to new house, i exprience constant, loud barking of dog in my very close neighboourhood. The dog is closed in backgarden, his fur is dirty of mud, looks like hungry, owners doesn't care about him, don't go out with him. The previous occupant of my house told me that it is since long long time.
    Any suggestions how to deal with that problem? Is there any organisation that deal with animals treated in that way?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

Seems to me that there are two issues is the dog making a nuisance of itself with it's barking and is it being looked after properly

I the first instance dublin sity councils website notes
    Excessive barking causing a nuisance to any person is an offence. A private action may be taken to the District Court via section 108 of the Environmental Protection Act 1992.

On the second point if you think the dog is being mistreated or not being looked after properly you could contact the SPCA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Jackus

Thank You for helpful advice. I have to report this fact, but i want stay anonymous...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tanyac

im not to sure but i dont think there is anything you can do if the dog is only barking between the hours of 9am and 9pm in the eve, but if hes bein mistreated thats another matter..

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

I'd imagine it would be very difficult to remain anonymous throughout your complaint...private action, no and I'd imagine that if you complained to the local SPCA they would investigate the matter, however, if the owners had a licence and unless the dog was in an awful condition it would merely warrant a warning...I would suggest taking down as much information as possible on a continuous basis and make a complaint to the council...otherwise you might get lucky and they have no licence...
    remember you are entitled to the quiet enjoyment of your property, and it is very understandable that this is a pressing issue so if all else fails you should bite the bullet now as more than likely it will save you alot of uncomfort ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭meesa

You should kidnap the dog, put him in your garden and then see how your neighbour feels!
    Sorry, couldn`t help that, seriously though if you think it`s not being looked after properly you should contact your nearest SPCA , they have ways of making an inspection look like a random event...it`s their job.

• Advertisement
Advertisement