Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bull bars

Options
  • 06-01-2008 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Leaving aside all other arguments about SUVs, why do some need to be fitted with Bull Bars? Any risk of colliding with a herd of Caribou on Irish roads? These things reduce a pedestrian's chance of surviving a collision to virtually zero.
    Surely we can agree that Bull Bars should be banned.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Yep i agree they should be banned for non commercial use, ie only allowed for farm use only.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I believe there is some legal provision for their usage/non-usage. Not sure exactly what it is though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I think it should be legal to kill boy-racers with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Legislation is already there, garages are only supposed to supply A-bars with type approval, we've been mostly fitting plastic front guards to our jeeps and pickups for a while instead of A-bars. If a tubular bar is required, Cobra A-bars are safety approved

This is a topic that has been discussed here a good few times

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

turbigo wrote: »
    Surely we can agree that Bull Bars should be banned

Why must we agree? Where is that little troll smilie??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Mairt wrote: »
    I think it should be legal to kill boy-racers with them.

+1

liking it...........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Bull bars and after market spot lights should be banned, with exemptions where a genuine requirement for them can be provided. Spots for service vehicles where additional light is required for work purposes, and motorsport applications (rallying etc.) Too many @ssholes out there using these things inappropriately.

Advertisement