Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac OS X and Maven

Options
  • 06-01-2008 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

hey,
    i'm kinda new to macs and maven so therein lies the problem :)
    I'm trying to build a project but I can't with maven.

Tried to follow some examples on the main maven site just to get running and got this error :
    maven-petstore-1.4 root$ mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app
    [INFO] Scanning for projects...
    [INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
    [INFO] org.codehaus.mojo: checking for updates from central
    [WARNING] repository metadata for: 'org.codehaus.mojo' could not be retrieved from repository: central due to an error: Error transferring file
    [INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted
    [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
    [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found
    [INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch
    [INFO] Total time: 1 minute 17 seconds
    [INFO] Finished at: Sun Jan 06 15:33:04 GMT 2008
    [INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M

I'm behind a firewall/proxy so that might have something to do with it. Thing is, I can't find where maven is installed... Can anyone tell me where it is so I can change my proxy settings?

I'll prob have more questions on this later. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MeWantBroadband

Skud wrote: »
    hey,
    i'm kinda new to macs and maven so therein lies the problem :)
    I'm trying to build a project but I can't with maven.

I'm behind a firewall/proxy so that might have something to do with it. Thing is, I can't find where maven is installed... Can anyone tell me where it is so I can change my proxy settings?

I'll prob have more questions on this later. Thanks

Surely Maven is installed wherever you unzipped it? Maven is a badly documented piece of crap, good luck with it.

Here is a well considered and eloquent assessment of Maven: http://www.bileblog.org/?p=322

Advertisement