Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops

Options
  • 06-01-2008 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Is anyone playing it? I'm a pretty monumental metal gear fan and have every one of the series except the twin snakes(heard it was lame,i dont like the polished looking graphics either) but this is really something! I wasn't big on the Metal Gear Ac!d games but they were pretty fun and it's always good to see the man on a mission! ^^

The gameplay here is really diverse, instead of one mission that constantly moves along they've broken it down into smaller sections that change and require you to go back and complete different objectives! I've not finished it yet so no spoilers! ^^ Anyway I was wondering if anyone is playing it online or anything? I hear the Units system is supposed to rule!

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Great game. Another good MGS storyline. While its abit watered down in some departments due to hardware limitations I like the new features of the game. Unlike some I did not find the controls too frustrating.

Not tried it online. My internet connection isn't great and not exactly sure how to go about playing it online. An expansion that enhances the online side is out shortly too Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus. If their is a way of organising a game against someone or a friends list I be willing to give you a game

I have almost a full set of characters recruited the legitimate way bar 1 which I would get by beating boss rush mode. Unfortantly despite clearing the game twice I can't seem to find boss rush mode. Let me know if you unlock it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Master-Decoy

thats what I was lookin for! dont just wanna play random people as Im not sure if there's a chat or friends system in place! I should be able to test it out later on tonight or tomorrow so I'll let ya know! Although you're well ahead of me so I'll need to get recruiting! ^^

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

My job use to have me driven around the length and width of the country. So I use to have my PSP on and madly scan for wireless hotspots in the car, hoping to recruit a top class solider before I lost the signal. Quite an ammusing time distraction on long journeys.

Having said that I have not used them online which you need to do to boast your character stats, even boss characters. So you won't be too far behind. I don't have too many characters with all S stats.

Advertisement