Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion for 2008

Options
  • 06-01-2008 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

A lot of people do not seem to know their rights under The Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980 and/or other consumer rights. I know there is a sticky but:

Would it be possible to have a link to the consumer rights to appear automatically at the end of each post in this forum. It could read something like Consumer Problem? Check out your rights here. The highlighted words would be a link to consumers sites. That way everyone reading the thread would be able to find out the consumer rights without doing a google. And the OP to of course
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Another suggestion would be to use the feedback forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=82

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread moved from Consumer Issues to Feedback.

It's a nice idea, but we do have a sticky at the top of the forum that people really should read prior to posting (easier said than done).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

we do have a sticky at the top of the forum that people really should read prior to posting (easier said than done).
    Yeah was trying to get around the fact that some people don't read the sticky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

A noble idea my friend, but not always easy to execute.

Adverts is a prime example, where new users therein, routinely and blithely pass by the rules and bolded stickies and think they are in buyandsell.com

My point being, you can't spoonfeed people with, what for the most part amounts to commonsense on a public forum.

Aside from that, vBulletin, the software you're using right now, isn't readily conducive to such an approach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

Aside from that, vBulletin, the software you're using right now, isn't readily conducive to such an approach.
    OK I am just curious why the links could not appear under the sig as the links are under yours?

• Advertisement

Well, they could I guess, but people would have to put them there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

That would be the definition of spam. If people want to know about their consumer rights they could read the stickies or simply do a google search. To have every single post followed up by the same information again and again would with out a doubt be spam. Even those who it had served, would become jaded by it.

The death of a thousand cuts as it were.

It is something we could look at adding to the adverts rules, but I really don't see the advantage, or the context, in placing it on every page of the site, let alone under every post, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

IMO if people are too lazy to go find out their rights thats their problem, god knows if they can find their to boards they can find their way to google, where a quick google of consumer rights brings them to results where they can find everything they need. There is far more noble things Boards could do with their white space.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Surely the Incredible Hulk would just turn green and destroy everything if his customer service was crap?

• Advertisement

You're thinking of Lou Ferrigno from the 70s macho man period. Eric Bana would probably go home and post on Boards, being the sensitive PC, modern type.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Pah!
    Fag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Amp test.

Advertisement