Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New A4 Pics

Options
  • 06-01-2008 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Passed an Audi dealership in Germany today and as I had my camera in the boot, I stopped and took a few snaps of the new A4.

2171568569_d5ee53f278_o.jpg
    2171569229_e67059fede_o.jpg
    2172360318_1ec02729a4_o.jpg
    2172360856_503a0a8e24_o.jpg
    2172361498_4674cc1a66_o.jpg
    2172362346_bbd17758a8_o.jpg
    2172363124_e2d46ef3ac_o.jpg
    2172362694_384f2b16c5_o.jpg
    2172363498_8ffe05fbc8_o.jpg
    2171573755_7a6256760e_o.jpg
    2172363860_856e41ce4f_o.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Mean, aggressive eye's!..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Great to see what a car looks like in normal guise rather than ones with HUGE alloys in advertisments.They look like the normal alloys and they arent too bad.Good value car, i think, the new A4, You get a hell of a lot more power than in an similiarly priced BMW(318) in the 1.8t version-162 b.h.p.Better built also. and in a car like the A4 people wont hate you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

looks beautiful all round

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

Love the new front lights!! Agree with Zonda...i'd have it over a 318 anytime!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I guess Daytime Running Lights are about to become a lot more common on Irish roads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Lovely car, nice seeing it next to the older model, new one is much nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭conor_mc

rear clusters are a bit like the new mondeo, and is it just me or does the back remind anyone else of the Volvo C70?

Lovely car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

looks great. I like the inserts in the headlight unit.

+1 on this over a 3 Series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

nice looking car.............but the BMeeeer is a nice car too.

But what is it about Audi's that people like? To me and correct me if I'm wrong, but Aren't they just expensive Volkswagons??:confused:

My dad had 2 Audis and I never thought much of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Guess I'm in the minority so as I actually prefer the styling of the "old" one... especially at the back. This new one is too angular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Perhaps its the wheels / colour, but that looks very bland to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

The front looks great.. and I mean really great! But the rest is a bit... mneh! Although this could be a standard model so maybe with a sports pack or something it will look a bit nicer. I always thought of the a4 as a sporty saloon but this doesn't look too sporty to me(apart from the front).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Looks good alright. Any ideas when we'll see it in this country?
    Similar price to the previous model?

AFAIK we already have it.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Great to see what a car looks like in normal guise rather than ones with HUGE alloys in advertisments.They look like the normal alloys and they arent too bad.Good value car, i think, the new A4, You get a hell of a lot more power than in an similiarly priced BMW(318) in the 1.8t version-162 b.h.p.Better built also. and in a car like the A4 people wont hate you!!!

I think you may be surprised if you actually price one up. The 1.8T is dearer that the 320i, never mind the 318! Both the 318i and 320i are coming down 10% in July wheras the 1.8T is coming down 1%.

I'm a big audi fan but was shocked at the price of a reasonably spec'd one. They have made as major mistake with the pricing imo. I spec'd a 2.0TDI to a similar reasonable level (metallic, leather etc) as a 318d and it came out 3k dearer. The 318d is coming down 4% more in July, it will then be 6k cheaper!

If someone like myself who already has an audi and is much more likely to buy a new one than the average person is put off by the overpricing then they are unlikely to sell very many imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

AFAIK it's due in March. I think the looks are a definite improvement. The car has a more aggressive and sporty stance than the last model.

However, last September at the Frankfurt show I had the opportunity to sit in one. From my perspective, the interior quality has taken a step backwards.
    On the bog standard model, the plastics felt cheap and nasty, esp. the heating and ventilation controls.
    It was less obvious with Audi's iDrive equivalent specified, as some of the buttons are replaced, but I'm a little surprised at Audi, given that interior fit and finish are one of the selling points of their range. I hope this was down to the car in question being a pre-production model. Time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Not bad, the behind is reminiscent of the older A4 rear. The headlights are nice. But, for me there's not too big a difference between this (at least cosmetically) to the previous model, not so surprising I guess since the last A4 was so successful for Audi.

Evolutionary rather than revolutionary.

also just a note that those lights and alloys aren't std, they are both 1k+ options here. The model pictured appears to be the sport model which includes the xenons with drl pictured, those 17" alloys and 3 spoke leather sterring wheel and front sport seats. It adds 3200 to the base price. The model pictured would be 43,500 here, assuming no other options, if you want the metallic paint and an alarm it's another 2k.

as spuddy notes, the whole interior in all the nice pics is basically optional, even the air con with display is a 1k option, as is the concert radio with mp3 capability (550) a decent sound system to go with it (400) and the colour displays for the DIS(200). Assuming you go with the sport, rear parking sensors are another 600.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I'm struggling to remember any "all new" model from any manufacturer that looked less new than this does. It's so unchanged it looks like a mid-life face lift. I always considered the A4 over priced anyway. For some reason though the Irish love them, so I expect this to litter the countryside within the year.

Biro wrote: »
    I'm struggling to remember any "all new" model from any manufacturer that looked less new than this does. It's so unchanged it looks like a mid-life face lift.

Have you seen the "new" E-Class

• Advertisement

spuddy wrote: »
    AFAIK it's due in March. I think the looks are a definite improvement. The car has a more aggressive and sporty stance than the last model.

However, last September at the Frankfurt show I had the opportunity to sit in one. From my perspective, the interior quality has taken a step backwards.
    On the bog standard model, the plastics felt cheap and nasty, esp. the heating and ventilation controls.
    It was less obvious with Audi's iDrive equivalent specified, as some of the buttons are replaced, but I'm a little surprised at Audi, given that interior fit and finish are one of the selling points of their range. I hope this was down to the car in question being a pre-production model. Time will tell.

sounds like you were in a std model. the interior is identical to the A5, which i've been in a few times, the std is a long way short of the ones wth all the options, see below, this isn't even the base level radio, it is the concert €550 upgrade, but it shows how the controls are sited when you don't pay €4350 for the satnav. This is also the std single zone aircon, the upgrade to the triple zone plus with displays is also nearly 1k extra.

633346940063956429_27.jpg

Some difference from that pic, to this one, which would cost you €5500 more!

1216005-NewB8-A4-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

I'm not a fan of audis(yawn) , but according to the road tests I've read , while its no mondeo to drive , its supposed to be miles better than the old one.

Yep the MMI should be in all models if it has sat nav or not.Thats the case in the A6 which i believe is worth the extra 10K.They should'nt have made i as obvious just below the gearbox.Put some cigerette lighter or central locking button there????.The seat upholstery in the first picture is horrible also.At least all A4's will have the dash top screen or will they???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

more utter blandness in the styling department from Audi, don't like it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Is the blandness not what makes the Audi look like an Audi?

I do agree with you. It's quite boring and plain looking. But it seems to appeal to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Zonda999 wrote: »

As copacetic said, the Audi will attract 24% VRT in July, while the Beemer will enjoy 20% VRT, and that brings with it the advantage of €290 road tax compared to €430 road tax with the Audi. Hell, a petrol 3 series is in the same VRT and tax band as a diesel A4, and the petrol BMW will also pollutes 2 g/km less CO2 than the TDI A4 will pollute.

After July, a 1.8T A4 will cost €39,770 compared to €35,569 for a BMW 318i ES and €38,106 for a 320i ES, so even the 320i will be cheaper, and also has 10 more bhp over the Audi as well as €290 road tax instead of €430 road tax. For virtually the same price as the Audi, you could have a 320d ES which will cost €39,833, or €63 more, and as that will only cost €150 to tax, you'd have the premium for the BMW back in no time at all, as well as getting a car that averages 58.9 mpg and has 17 bhp more than the A4.

Actually after a good look at the basic interiors of the BMW/ Merc/ Audi. It has to be said that the new Merc has the nicest interior.Is not bad value either because the C180 has 155bhp and the C200-CDI has 135bhp.Apparently Merc have finally got the quality right in this one also.Shame that the CO2 emissions are higher than the others.160g for the diesel and 187g for the petrol.It will be a bit uncompetitive after July

E92 wrote: »
    As copacetic said, the Audi will attract 24% VRT in July, while the Beemer will enjoy 20% VRT, and that brings with it the advantage of €290 road tax compared to €430 road tax with the Audi. Hell, a petrol 3 series is in the same VRT and tax band as a diesel A4, and the petrol BMW will also pollutes 2 g/km less CO2 than the TDI A4 will pollute.

After July, a 1.8T A4 will cost €39,770 compared to €35,569 for a BMW 318i ES and €38,106 for a 320i ES, so even the 320i will be cheaper, and also has 10 more bhp over the Audi as well as €290 road tax instead of €430 road tax. For virtually the same price as the Audi, you could have a 320d ES which will cost €39,833, or €63 more, and as that will only cost €150 to tax, you'd have the premium for the BMW back in no time at all, as well as getting a car that averages 58.9 mpg and has 17 bhp more than the A4.

In the grand scheme of things, 24% and 20% don't make any difference to the person who's going to buy the Audi. I'd still have the Audi; I don't like how the BMW looks. It's not bad looking, but there's just a crassness about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,356 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Is that the standard front bumper? Every pic i have seen has this bumper but it looks like sportline to me. hope it is the standard one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

ninty9er wrote: »
    In the grand scheme of things, 24% and 20% don't make any difference to the person who's going to buy the Audi. I'd still have the Audi; I don't like how the BMW looks. It's not bad looking, but there's just a crassness about it.

Well I'm not going to get into an argument about which is better, I've no idea what the Audi is like, so I won't make a judgement on whats best till I've been in one. But I disagree about it making no difference, at the moment the BMWs(especially the 320s) are not that good for value compared to the Audi, but come July they will indeed be better value, so things are definately more favourable for the BMW then. And come July, the A4 TDI will be cheaper than the 1.8T, so for someone dead set on an A4, that is important for them surely?

I actually like the look of the 3 series, compared to the 5, 6 and 7 series it is a very good looking car. The 7 series in particular is horrible IMO.

Advertisement