Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New A4 Pics

Options
2»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Yep the MMI should be in all models if it has sat nav or not.Thats the case in the A6 which i believe is worth the extra 10K.They should'nt have made i as obvious just below the gearbox.Put some cigerette lighter or central locking button there????.The seat upholstery in the first picture is horrible also.At least all A4's will have the dash top screen or will they???

they will but it will be a monochrome display if you don't at least get the concert player in my pic above. The concert plays mp3 cds and has a slot for SD cards so it is a vital minimum upgrade imo.

mickdw wrote: »
    Is that the standard front bumper? Every pic i have seen has this bumper but it looks like sportline to me. hope it is the standard one.

as i mentioned above that is a basic A4 sport, not an sline. Apparently the sline package will add 9k to the price of a sport :eek:. Although no confirmation yet what will be included.

The sline has the insert between the wings in silver, more pronounce vertical lines and different fog light treatment, but it is subtle enough, not sure anyone who wasn't an audi fan would notice the differene. It has side skirts similar to current sline ones and the different diffuser at the back, which doesn't look great without the dual seperated exhausts imo.

This is the sline (left)compared to the standard (right):
    slinefx7.jpg

Actually after a good look at the basic interiors of the BMW/ Merc/ Audi. It has to be said that the new Merc has the nicest interior.Is not bad value either because the C180 has 155bhp and the C200-CDI has 135bhp.Apparently Merc have finally got the quality right in this one also.Shame that the CO2 emissions are higher than the others.160g for the diesel and 187g for the petrol.It will be a bit uncompetitive after July

Have to disagree on this zonda, merc have done the same as audi and if you don't add a pile of options the interior is pretty shameful imo. you even have to slide the screen cover up by hand in the standard models! Similarly imo you need the avantgarde and the amg kit to make it look well which adds 10k or so to the price.

tommurphyC-CTan388.jpg
    corkmotorcentreCCub259.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

S-Line pack in Germany costs €1,980. At 25% VRT and 21% VAT, that is around €2,865.

A new variant of the A4 is on it's way, another 1.8 TFSI(copacetic mentioned this one a while back). Only 120 bhp this time(how they got 120 bhp from a turbo engine with direct injection amazes me, 10 years ago they had a non turbo 1.8 with no FSI technology and 125 bhp). Identical CO2 to the 160 version, and costs €25,900 in Germany(just gone on sale there). Having changed VAT from 19% to 21% and adding on 25% VRT, we're looking at €35,113 here, plus a little more cause we're RHD, so I would say somewhere around the €35,500 mark when it comes in. Now that is certainly cheaper than a 316i at the moment, however come July the car will cost(based on a price of 35.5 k) €35,032 cheaper than a VRT adjusted 318i, however the 318i will boast 143 bhp and €290 road tax compared to the €430 the A4 will attract, and the A4 also has 120 bhp too.

And looking at the figures for the Merc above, the new C-class is going to be very expensive compared to the Audi let alone the BMW, in fact a 330i will cost the same to tax as a C180(and believe it or not the 3320i actually pollutes 14 g/km less CO2 as well), now you would rather pay €600 to tax a 1.8 4 cylinder with 156 bhp or a 3.0 straight 6 with 272 bhp?

E92 wrote: »
    S-Line pack in Germany costs €1,980. At 25% VRT and 21% VAT, that is around €2,865.

I think that is just the exterior pack without upgraded wheels E92? Apparently you will have to buy exterior, interior and wheels together here and it will be 9k or so I was told at the weekend by the stealer. However they haven't got confirmation yet from audi on price or content of package. It appears the new distributor arrangements are causing issues.

• Advertisement

By the way, having looked at the A4's pricing in Germany, the pre tax prices would seem to be standardised, so I would take it to be true that any VRT saving available in the A4 wil be passed on to the consumer in full. It would seem that Audi are not "subsidising" A4 prices here.

Tbh I only had a very quick read of their German site, so I didn't check if the S line package required other options.

I presume that the benefits of Audi doing the importation themselves will become as apparant as the benefits for BMW were in due course(before BMW brought in cars themselves, BMWs came with shag all as standard, the 7 series didn't even have climate control as standard back in the olden days).

Also fyi the newest specsheets has standard equipment listed for the
    1.8T 120 and the 2.0TDI 120 (which apparently will have lower emissions)

It also lists extra standard equipment for the
    2.0T 180bhp and 211bhp and also the 2.0TDI 170bhp

so they are definitely coming. No mention in the spec sheet of the >200bhp 2.0TDI though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

copacetic wrote: »
    Have to disagree on this zonda, merc have done the same as audi and if you don't add a pile of options the interior is pretty shameful imo. you even have to slide the screen cover up by hand in the standard models! Similarly imo you need the avantgarde and the amg kit to make it look well which adds 10k or so to the price.

tommurphyC-CTan388.jpg
    corkmotorcentreCCub259.jpg

Fair enough but you dont even get a screen in the bmw(unless you get sat nav).I dont think anyone can call the interior in a 318 ES that exciting so it could be said that the standard interiors(In the base models) are boring in all of the germans.I just think that the mercs is the least boring.BTW good plan by audi to have a 2.0 TDI in 3 power ouputs,120,142 and 170.

ahernscastleisland3Sil753.jpg

copacetic wrote: »
    so they are definitely coming. No mention in the spec sheet of the >200bhp 2.0TDI though.

I'd say that would be for smaller cars. The TT is due to get a diesel, this twin turbo will almost certainly be the diesel TT. The A3, and I would say the next generation Golf GTI and other Golf sized cars in the VAG stable would also be prime candidates for this engine too.

I think if Audi were going to bother with the twin turbo diesel for the A4, they would not have bothered offering the 2.7 V6 TDI(that has 190 bhp) in the A4.

Look at BMW. The 123d's engine is more powerful than the 325d, and 525d's engine. But BMW don't seem to have any plans to put the twin turbo engine into either car. There is a rumour about a proposed 323d, but that's all it is, a rumour, and if they did put it in, where would that leave the 325d?

Of course, I'm not promising that what I'm saying will or won't happen, but I just don't see where the twin turbo diesel would fit into the A4 range, especially if Audi gave the 2.7 TDI the option of a manual gearbox.

E92 wrote: »
    Tbh I only had a very quick read of their German site, so I didn't check if the S line package required other options.

I'm positive there is an sline exterior package (basically body kit) and an sline package plus which is a wheel upgrade, and all the interior stuff and presumably the exterior kit too.

The old A4 and current A3 have a similar kind of thing. You can buy the exterior kit seperately from the interior kit. My german is no good anymore so I couldn't make enough sense of the site to track down the price of the interior kit + wheels, however if it has the 18 inch wheels, part leather interior and steering wheel upgrade then 9k would be about right on top of the price of a A4 sport. However assuming you would like an metallic, alarm, parking sensors and the concert cd system with upgraded speakers then your 2.0TDI sport sline is now costing you 60k or so, until the reduction in July at least.

This is equivalent to the 318d msport which is 55k with metallic (it has all the other bits and pieces as standard) so big difference, even before July when a A4 sline will be 54 or so and the 318d sline 46k or so with metallic.

There is no way the A4 is worth that much more although in a straight up same price shoot off I'd jump on the audi.

• Advertisement

Fair enough but you dont even get a screen in the bmw(unless you get sat nav).I dont think anyone can call the interior in a 318 ES that exciting so it could be said that the standard interiors(In the base models) are boring in all of the germans.I just think that the mercs is the least boring.BTW good plan by audi to have a 2.0 TDI in 3 power ouputs,120,142 and 170.

oh yeah, agree merc interior is much nicer than BMWs but a long way behind the audi imo. I was really disagreeing that the Merc was the nicest of the three, it is very poorly designed imo. That numeric keypad is really weird on cars without phone kits. What the hell is it for????

However I am a big fan of audi interiors so am possibly blinkered. I actually think that audi getting rid of the handbrake has given them so much room that the standard models look weird without the satnav controls. Incidently I think this is a giant leap forward compared to the std handbrake in the bmw and the weird as feck foot operated parking brake in the merc. Then again I'm not much of one for handbrakers.

The big failing of the 3 series after the updates to the C class and the A4 is definitely the interior. It looks very dated now in comparison, but perhaps they will do something in the facelift soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Don't see a major difference in the design of the new A4 from the old one which has been around since 2001. Looks like Audi played it safe. Just hope the rear leg room and boot space have been improved. They have always been poor in the A4 upto now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

ninty9er wrote: »
    Have you seen the "new" E-Class

Now that you mention it, ya, and I thought the word "new" was a mistake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭CarLover

Never a big A4 fan to be honest. Nice cars but over rated and over priced. Must admit though that I'm very impressed with the pics of the new one. I think they got the styling just right...they've made it more angular and hunkered down looking. Suits it quite a lot. Price of the thing is another point altogether. Needless to say they'll sell like hot cakes. I just hope they get rid of the dreadful 1.6 litre version in Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

The body shape looks an awful lot like the new 3 series beemers...

CarLover wrote: »
    I just hope they get rid of the dreadful 1.6 litre version in Ireland...

Theres no need for at as Audi will be bring in a 1.8 with 120 bhp, and its hardly worth the hassle of bring in a 1.6 when the days of the engine sized based taxation are going to be a distant memory very soon.

Advertisement