Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Head Shop

Options
  • 06-01-2008 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

Can't understand the legality of this place. Friends of mine but a load of legal stimulents in there over xmas. Some "snow" and "smoke". I only tried the smoke which is green like grass but smells funky. It gets you stoned as a coot and is 100% legal.

Just wondering has anyone else heard of the place and how is it legal to sell these things?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

there all over Ireland, perfectly legal due to there relative obscurity. Remember, mushrooms were legal untill publicised

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Don't they try to bring in legislation to ban these things? but legislation is kinda slow so they are on the 'market' for about 2 years until they are banned :D
    My guess anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

It's their fault magic mushrooms are illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

100% legal bro.

"Smoke" (bless it in times of need) is just herbal and root extracts.

Botany just got cooler!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

The pills they sell are dangerous stuff... Double dropped them before thinking I was all hardcore and stuff, but ended up absolutely twisted off of my nut for 12 hours solid (followed by another 30+ without sleep)

...good times...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

grasshopa wrote: »

And rightly so.

Steyr wrote: »
    And rightly so.

Shooting imaginary pigeons again?

Well it's now illegal to pick them and take them responsibly and do your research, making them illegal to sell is fine by me.

Has anyone tried this 'smoke' stuff? What's it like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

yeah It works if you smoke enough of it, but It'l give you an encounter with genghis if ya overdo it, the stoned gets a bit salvia-ish if ya smoke too much.

Banning of mushies not cool btw. Screw you all who disagree. Thai Cubensis were so much fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Has anyone tried this 'smoke' stuff? What's it like.

Its grand. Hard to smoke though compared to grass. It tastes a bit funky and if you smoke enough you will get stoned as fcuk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Is it illegal to pick them in Ballybrit racecourse?

Ballybrit -Home of the Magic Mushie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭nonamemark

The smoke is good alright buy that spice is ****e, as is the pills, gives you a small buzz alright, like you're coming up but you never actually come up and then you're awake for two days

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

think headshops are a great idea....the one in dublin is really
    busy...I'd much rather see money goin into their hands than
    that of a dealers...they dont fund organised crime and you
    can have some assurance on what yir gettin...(I don't touch narcotics btw!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

Hooray for headshops. The more people learn to grow their own ganja, the better the overall quality will be, the less soap bar etc will be passed off as genuine dope, the lower the prices, the less profitability for organised criminals. Plus we gain valuable practical horticultural knowledge which will be handy when the demise of the oil age really starts to bite and we need to be growing our own food. Mass civil disobedience will bring down these illiberal laws within a few years, purely as a matter of shifting demographics/age of population.

padraig71 wrote: »
    we gain valuable practical horticultural knowledge which will be handy when the demise of the oil age really starts to bite and we need to be growing our own food. Mass civil disobedience will bring down these illiberal laws within a few years, purely as a matter of shifting demographics/age of population.

Sounds like stoner talk to me... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Overall I prefer Nirvana to the Headshop the staff are much more friendly and have boobs.

Spice is utter ****e, spice gold is ok and Smoke (only available in the headshop) is the best of the lot. It's only good as a last resort though, I'm not a big fan of the high you get off it.

Banning shrooms was just a stupid unnecessary snap decision. You can still buy grow kits in the head shop though. Well worth it, as shrooms are the 2nd best high available after cannabis and a great night in.

Those BZP pills are crap, there just a power pep pill with no buzz. The magic ones have a bit of a buzz and are the best I've tried but still very lame I think people that go on about how ****ed up they got on them are suffering from the placebo effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

ah yes the headshop.. poked around it a bit in the past.. ended up getting poppers (or video head cleaners as they're called in the states).. actually quite enjoyed the little buzz I got off them. Combined with alcohol i found it worked quite well!...

although I'd be a bit more wary of using poppers now, they surely can't be good for you?.. besides that I would be more in favour of buying from stores such as nirvana, headshop etc because as was noted earlier on, the money isn't going to criminals, or to fund criminally based activities...

Yes but nirvana have a garda camera outside their shop

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    Is it illegal to pick them in Ballybrit racecourse?

Ballybrit -Home of the Magic Mushie

No the government drew a little box around it on a map exempting it from the law :rolleyes:

Burrrrn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Your point being?

They gonna go bust some hippies gettin high?

Doubtful, im sure theyve better things to be doing with their time!

• Advertisement

Wha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

salvia ftw :)

Never liked that stuff I've given it chance after chance and just don't like the high, if you can call it that.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Wha?

Ok I may be jumping to conclusions but it's definitely a fairly heavy duty camera that looks the same as the other garda cameras.

Busting hippies is the first step to busting dealers so yes they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Archimedes wrote: »
    salvia ftw :)

+1, but the 35x. The 50x ain't worth the extra spondoolicks for that bit more of a trip.
    Spice is ****e, but I should try this smoke business. And BZP is a head wrecker, stay away.
    Woodrose on the other hand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

morning glory seeds, same as mushies more or less. 5e a bag. chew the **** outta them.. there good

as for smoke , tis alright smells rank and you would never pick it over proper tweed..

cartman wrote: »
    you would never pick it over proper tweed..

That's a given! But in times of great desperation it gets the job done.

Salvia ain't my thing... I just ended up laughing at a clothes line for 10 minutes. Afterwards, I was cold and my jaw hurt...

That's a given! But in times of great desperation it gets the job done.

Salvia ain't my thing... I just ended up laughing at a clothes line for 10 minutes. Afterwards, I was cold and my jaw hurt...
    Are you sure those clothes wheren't on someone and that you didn't get a slap?

I suppose anything can happen in the crazy world of warcraft

• Advertisement

Got that smoke stuff yesterday.

A bit harsh on the throat but definitely ok in times of need. Does anyone know what's in them? All I can smell is cloves.

Those morning glory seeds, took em about a year ago, puked my guts up for 2 days. Stay away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement