Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Misawa/Kobashi coming to the UK HOLY S**T!!!!

• 06-01-2008 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭

Tokyo, Japan

As promised, Pro Wrestling Noah's European Agent Doug Williams made formal the announcement of the first Pro Wrestling Noah event outside of Japan. In association with A-Merchandise.co.uk at the Coventry Skydome Arena on June 21st "European Navigation 2008" will rock the UK like never before.

The hardest hitting stars in Pro Wrestling will collide for one night only, Japanese superstars and legends will join some of the hottest stars from all over the world in an authentic Noah live event. This epic 3 hour extravaganza will feature wrestlers from across the world doing battle in the kind of matches that most can only of previously hoped to on see online or on DVD, now is you chance to see it live!.

Whenever a true fan of professional wrestling sees the familiar green mat, they know they are assured a very special show, and on June 21st, the owners of that famous wrestling livery will be making their first journey to the UK as a promotion.

Pro Wrestling NOAH has become THE promotion for wrestling fans in Japan since its formation in 2000 by legendary wrestler Mitsuharu Misawa. Despite its brief history, Pro Wrestling NOAH is firmly embedded in the rich traditions of Japanese 'puroresu', having taken the main stars and style of All Japan Pro Wrestling's heyday before that particular
    promotion took a different direction.

Fans of Pro Wrestling NOAH have been treated to some of the greatest wrestling matches in the world, with stars such as Kenta Kobashi, Takeshi Morishima, Naomichi Marufuji and KENTA bringing the most hardhitting and technically sound wrestling on the planet today.

NOAH has kept itself primarily to its native Japan over the course of its existence. Yet with numerous visits to the UK, Europe and US by its various stars over the past few years, the promotion has been showing an active interest in presenting a major show in the West for a while.

On June 21st in Coventry Skydome, the dream of Misawa and his crew will become a reality, as Pro Wrestling NOAH will present its first major UK show. Fans who have previously only seen NOAH on DVD or on TWCFight! will finally get to see a full Pro Wrestling NOAH show live for the first time, without having to pay for a flight to Japan to do so!

Japanese stars such as Kenta, Morishima, Marufuji and Kotaro Suzuki and the best of NOAH's 'gaijin' stars such as Bryan Danielson, The Briscoe Brothers, Doug Williams and Nigel Mcguinness will be bringing their 'A' game in order to provide the best show possible for fans who are lucky enough to attend.

Featuring the European Debut of KENTA, the most exciting talent worldwide who is yet to appear in Europe, the Legendary Kenta Kobashi who just this past month made his triumphant return to Pro Wrestling after beating a serious cancer condition and current GHC world champion, 24 year veteran and Pro wrestling Noah owner Mitsuhau Misawa.

This will more than likely be the most talked about wrestling show this year, and will certainly be the must-see event for UK and European fans. And whether you are a long time fan of Pro Wrestling NOAH, or someone who has just caught the odd match on TWCFight! it will be one of the greatest wrestling experiences of 2008.

The Event to be held at the prestigious Coventry Skydome will Start at 7pm with doors opening at 6.15 will also feature a chance to meet and greet the stars from the Orient and USA. The official UK website has now been launched at www.prowrestlingnoah.co.uk and has a further a British star announced as part of the action on June 21st

Event : European Navigation 2008
    Date : Saturday June 21st,
    Venue : Skydome Arena, Coventry
    Times : 6.15 Doors, 7pm Start
    Ticket Prices : £50, £25. £20, £12.50

Online Sales : www.a-merchandise.co.uk or www.prowrestlingnoah.co.uk
    Box Office Numbers : (023) 9229 7788 or (024) 7663 0693 or (07934) 108604 or (07919) 956350

Meet and Greet at 2pm, [Details]

Saturday June 21st will also host a special event offering fans the chance to meet the superstars of Pro Wrestling Noah. This will be your chance to get a photo taken with your favourite stars and it will work differently to any of the past fan slams etc. The names listed below in the first names announced section are 7 out of the 10 stars to be available at the meet and greet. The next 3 stations will be announced with the confirmation of the second batch of fighters for European Navigation 2008

Starting at 2pm, you will be able to gain access to the arena and will be able to head to a holding area where you will be able to buy merchandise for the superstars to sign, and then you will be filtered through and meet the stars of your choice. Once you get to each superstar stand you will be able to purchase 8x10s or grab a Polaroid of the two of
    you at a cost of £5 each and a signed 8x10 at £3.

If you bring your own camera you are able to get a photo without charge when purchasing an 8x10. If you have VIP entry (as detailed below) you will of course get this free of charge. After meeting the stars You will then be able to head to the bar area to meet and mingle with other fans prior to the doors opening for the evenings event.

Prices :

General admission £15

VIP Entry : £30
    (This includes the 10 8x10's for the guest superstars and permits you
    to have your photo taken with your own camera at no charge)

Confirmed Stars

KENTA
    The most exciting wrestler in Japan today. The 26-year-old bad-ass combines a host of high-impact moves with wince-inducing striking to form an effective crowd-pleasing style. KENTA has had some of the greatest matches in all of wrestling in NOAH and ROH this decade with the likes of Bryan Danielson, Takashi Sugiura and Naomichi Marufuji. The eight year
    veteran is a former GHC junior heavyweight singles and tag team champion.

Kenta Kobashi
    Considered as one of the greatest wrestler of all time. Kobashi has been an incredible wrestler over his 20-year career and has taken part in some of the all-time great matches. Between 2003 and 2005, Kobashi held the GHC World title, which propelled Kobashi to become the most popular wrestler in Japan. In mid-2006, Kobashi was diagnosed with cancer but
    made an amazing recovery to return in December 2007.

Mitsuharu Misawa
    One of the greatest wrestlers of all time. In the 1990s, Misawa took part in many of the greatest matches of the decade under the auspices of All Japan Pro Wrestling. In 2000, Misawa broke away from All Japan with most its roster to form Pro Wrestling NOAH. Misawa has turned it into the top wrestling promotion in Japan this decade. Misawa is a three-time GHC World champion. His finishing move is the Emerald Frosien

Naomichi Marufuji
    The only wrestler to have completed NOAH’s grand slam of titles, having captured all five of the federation’s titles. His biggest title victory came on 9th September 2006 when he upended Jun Akiyama for the GHC World heavyweight title- thus becoming the first ever junior heavyweight to win the title. Marufuji is an exhilarating competitor who utilizes moves such as the shiranui, superkick and Pole Shift to tremendous effect.

Takeshi Morishima
    At 6ft 4in, 300lb Morishima is a marauder who was in dominant form throughout 2007. He captured the ROH World title on 17th February 2007 and ran roughshod through a host of challengers in impressive displays of brute-force and power. The 29-year-old Morishima is a ten-year veteran who is tipped to become NOAH’s next top superstar. The burly brawler
    uses the lariat, backdrop driver and Amaze Impact to win his matches.

The American Dragon Bryan Danielson
    Dragon is regarded as one of the very elite in-ring generals in pro wrestling today. The Shawn Michaels trained technical marvel first rose to prominence in 2001 when he won the All Pro Wrestling King of the Indies tournament. The following year, he debuted for the new ROH promotion, and went on to become an ROH World champion, and one of the greatest
    wrestlers in the promotion’s history. Danielson’s finisher is the Cattle Mutilation

Mark & Jay, The Briscoe Brothers.
    Current Ring of Honor Tag Team champions Mark and Jay are the epitome of Tag Team Wrestling in the 21st century. The Delaware natives have also fought all over the world and recently won the Pro Wrestling Noah
    Junior tag team titles on their first tour battling Ricky Marvin and Kotaro Suzuki in an unbelievable series of matches.

Nigel McGuinness
    McGuinness is one of the most successful British wrestlers in the world. McGuinness was developed by, and debuted for, former WWE developmental territory, HWA in the late nineties. He rose to prominence in ROH, however, where he has held the Pure and World titles. McGuinness is a well-travelled competitor who debuted for NOAH in 2005. McGuinness was ranked the number two wrestler in the world for 2007 by Powerslam magazine Doug Williams
    The Anarchist is one of the most respected wrestlers in all of Europe- for over a decade ‘The Anarchist’ has been one of the leading wrestlers in the country, and has been a great ambassador for the British scene. Williams first wrestled for NOAH in 2004 and has held the promotion’s tag team titles. Other notable honours for Williams have included the ROH Pure title and FWA heavyweight belt. The Chaos Theory is Williams’ main finishing move.

Martin Stone
    The Guvnor has been one of the best British wrestlers to emerge in recent years. Stone was originally trained by the FWA and achieved his first success with partner Stixx as part of the Stixx and Stone tag team that won the FWA tag team titles. Other titles held by the no-nonsense Stone have included the IPW:UK heavyweight title, the LDN heavyweight belt and the RQW heavyweight championship. Stone’s finishing move is the Tower of London

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Good God. So who's going!? A lifetimes dream willbe achieved going to this!:eek::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I was praying that this wasn't during my exams when it was loading...and it's not! I'm there. Woah. I wasn't sure if I'd ever get to see Kobashi live, you just never know how his body will react to wrestling again

And Misawa as well! And Danielson and Marufuji! Wow. And it's an actual NOAH event! This will be fun

Any idea when tickets are on sale?

Tuesday apparently. There's a thread on UKFF in the wrestling events section, i wasn't sure if i was allowed link to another forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Holy s*it indeed! Awesome!! This will do instead of ROH for me this year. Can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Well this is a no brainer, I'm there with bells on.

Flights from Cork to Brum are just €80 with Aer Lingus.

More info:http://www.prowrestlingnoah.co.uk/

Tickets available on there on Tues 8th. Goddamn work internet filters are gonna make this awkward for me.

Dublin to Birmingham is as cheap as 50 cent that weekend.

Ricky Marvin, Kotaro Suzuki and Bison Smith are confirmed for the meet and greet too. Hopefully Marvin doesn't have any complications with his broken leg cos I'd love to shake the man's hand. This is brilliant

Cheapest flights seem to be €60 altogether. Though I'd come up with €600 if I had to for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I cant believe what i just read.This is one which im definitley not going to let pass.Cant bloody wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Do people think this will sell out fast or am I *sighs* going to have to skip a class or two tomorrow?

And a-merch post to Ireland, yeah?

• Advertisement

Depends on the tickets you are after I guess. I think the £50 ones will go immediately. Thats what Im hoping to get anyway.

Re accomadation, Im probably going to booking this place. £50 per night for a single room.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    And a-merch post to Ireland, yeah?

I would assume so, they give the option of viewing their prices in Euro and dollars as well

That's me not going to Economics anyway :D

So what time are tickets going on sale at tomorrow? I'm in work at 9 so chances are I'm gonna have to trust my sister to buy them, which is dodgy. What seats are people going to try and get? Me and a mate are hoping for ringside seats but I don't like our chances!

10am i think. I am going for the £50 ones, which is "ringside", which prob means the first 5/6 rows.

Everyone get your tickets? I got two £25 balcony seats and two VIP meet and greet tickets. Went through ok, but on the A-Merchandise site it added on a £2-something delivery charge that didn't show up on Paypal. If they're that worried about it they can contact me to fix it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

sucks that you cannot pick specific seats

but ah I have my "ringside" seats now :)

anyone else having trouble logging into paypal?

I didn't bother logging in, there's a link on the left side of the first Paypal page you see that should let you pay no bother

Like Phenom, got 2 "ringside" ones. Not gonna put my hopes up at having actually front row though.

We must have our own "boards meet and greet" over there.

• Advertisement

well, i'm on the basket, address, payment, complete page on the a-merch site and it's trying to transfer to the paymenyt page, but failing. any idea why?

Gerard.C wrote: »
    well, i'm on the basket, address, payment, complete page on the a-merch site and it's trying to transfer to the paymenyt page, but failing. any idea why?

Might be busy, I dunno, it changed website fine for me. If you don't get it working it might be better to phone the site to book if you can

I read that you can phone the site to find out your seat numbers if you want. I'm not too curious though, I'm just happy to be going!

What's the number?

Phone :: 023 9229 7788
    Open Daily 10-6 - Monday to Friday

Alt Number :: 07986 399921

went in and did it on my friends laptop, got 2 ringside and vip meet and greet tickets. AND i missed 2 classes. Happy Days!!!!

actually didnt bother with the meet n greet - there be boozing to be done in the local sports baratorium

Is everyone flying from Dublin?

aye - just debating when to fly - friday evening/saturday morning, either way I am flying back Sunday

Then I have to find somewhere to sleep too

Dublin or possibly Cork, whichever suits.

• Advertisement

Dublin, as I live there!

Any idea who the TBC British wrestler is?

Once its not Jody Fleisch were gonna be ok.

Me and two friends got "streamer seats". I guess they are hinting at something there. I really can't believe I'm actually gonna get to see Kobashi and Misawa live, I thought it would never be possible. Any ideas on what the card will be like? Will Kobashi and Misawa fight eachother or will they go against the American guys? I'm all for seeing the Briscoes vs Marvin and Susuki in person.

EDIT: Just saw a full list of guys named for the show

Go Shiozaki
    Mohammad Yone
    Atsushi Aoki
    Taiji Ishimori
    Joel Redman
    Takeshi Sugiura

Didn't see these mentioned before!

Double C wrote: »
    Any ideas on what the card will be like?

There's absolutely zero chance of a Misawa vs Kobashi match anyway! More than likely they'll be in a 6-man tag main event. Nigel and Doug are teaming up in NOAH currently. I'd like to see KENTA against some American wrestler, as he wasn't able to get a work permit for the US this year so we won't be seeing him in ROH, unless another Japan tour is in the works

A Morishima vs Danielson match would be much appreciated! But unlikely

The train from Brum airport to Coventry is about £6 and is quite regular Im told. Thats handy.

I would like to see Marufuji face Yone on this, though Im not that picky. Just glad to be going.

Are ye flying over Friday night or Saturday morning?

I'd love to see Doug and Nigel team with Kobashi. Like everyone else, I don't care. I'm just glad to be going!!!!

• Advertisement

Cork Brum return, Fri - Sun is €80 with Aer Lingus. Only problem is that the flight out is at 13.20 which is a tad early. Could squeeze it in on Saturday, but I would prefer take it easy and not be praying against a flight delay on the day.

Ryanair

Leaving: Fri, 20 Jun 08 depart 12:15

Returning: Sun, 22 Jun 08 depart 14:15

154 for two adults - so thats me and the friend sorted

Now me b & b

This place came recommended to me. Bit outside the city centre, but not too much.

I'll probably be getting flights similar to Ph3n0m. Maybe a little earlier on the Friday, I like wandering aimlessly around places I don't know!

I'd say that Nigel, Doug or both will team with Martin Stone

What is Martin Stone like? I've haven't seen much of him to be honest.....

• Advertisement

Got streamer seats myself too. Kinda has to be done for an event like this! Bringing the missus too, she's quite the Kobashi mark at this stage, ebven if she insists on calling KENTA Kenco!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Goebels

Aye, I'll be going to this. I figure they'll do something like Kobashi & KENTA vs Misawa & Marufuji, or else they'll do Kobashi & Doug vs Danielson & Misawa, the latter being way more awesome. With Misawa though, I think they'll just leave it morelike the first one.

Did anyone who ordered streamer seats receive theirs yet?

They were posted Friday 11th, and it seems those in the UK who ordered received theirs already, along with a free DVD of wither FWA:A (whatever that is) or ROH GBHN2 2006. Though I do think this is just for the people who ordered through A MERCHANDISE.

Fingers still crossed for front row, but I imagine that wont happen for me as i ordered at 10.05, and some fella on UKFF reckons he bought at 10.01 and got 2nd row. Wont be disappointed as long as I am in the first 3 rows anyway.

According to The Mother, the streamer seat tickets came, but the Meet & Greet tickets didn't. She could have mixed them up though. She wouldn't the the smartest like....

Got mine in the post along with the aforementioned FWA dvd. Got row B section E.

Ah ****, no sign of mine yet, I'm worried now.

I didn't get mine yet either, but I'm not too worried! Maybe they're waitin for me to pay that delivery charge that they didn't add on

Nope, I never paid that and still got them. It was only the streamer seats which went out last Friday. The remainder are to go out before the weekend according to the promoter on UKFF.

I don't have streamer seats, no need to worry yet then anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭McConnon

flahavaj wrote: »
    Ah ****, no sign of mine yet, I'm worried now.

I'm still waiting on my streamer tickets so I wouldn't worry too much. They better come tomorrow though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement